Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Edmund was brilliant, so glad he finally got his first title. Nice to see his emotions as well. Very fitting that he was able to finish on a wicked forehand winner. Honestly he was bold in this match, hitting so well, and playing smart. Monfils was defending amazingly as he does. I wondered at some point whether that would get to Edmund. But no, Kyle was excellent when it mattered.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I was kind of warming up to Edmund in recent months and those tears at the end made me a fan. I like it when players show emotion. It shows that they care. It's nice to see Kyle finally get that monkey off his back. Hope this is the first of many titles for him.

·
The special one
14,030 Posts
I feel drained just watching that. Very high level match, credit to Monfils for hanging in there, I actually thought he was the slightly better player in the 3rd set before the tb, which i didn't expect after the 2nd set, he was clearly on empty, showed a lot of grit and retrieved like a madman.

Congrats to Kyle on his first title, he's played great all week, FH has been on fire. I feel this title is long overdue. So glad he's finally got this monkey off his back.

·
Registered
21,282 Posts
Congrats to Edmund, happy for him. He seemed to be playing really bad after Wimbledon so good he turned it around before the season ended.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Great to see Edmund successful.
He will have to defend his AO semis, lets hope for a great 2019.
AS for 2018: Maybe he can have a good Paris-Bercy.
London Elite 8 is only possible with one more retirement and more points from Paris.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Kyle:hug::hug::hug: Be a top10 player ASAP plz.:cheerleader::cheerleader:
Not that far off atm when you add the 250 points.

Think Vienna might be a tank given he has Schwartzman first up which as a top 8 seed was toughest draw he could've got. Will probably lose points as he got to semi final last year.

If he avoids Sock, could have a good run in Paris.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ahh Gael. :(

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Congrats on your first title Kyle! So happy for him
The million times more aggressive player won today!

I missed the final set TB :eek: and couldnt see the ceremony :sobbing:

For the whole match I thought that Clownfish was going to win, he retrieved everything, frustrating to watch, thank God Kyle come through with his aggressive game in the end!

Great end of the season for him, SF at Beijing, QF at Shanghai and first title here :bounce:

Keep it up and get at least an alternate spot for WTF :armed:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Well done to Edmund, yet another young gun victorious today :) Gave up on Monfils long ago but still gotta feel for him, looks like he had chances to take this one :awww:

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Not that far off atm when you add the 250 points.

Think Vienna might be a tank given he has Schwartzman first up which as a top 8 seed was toughest draw he could've got. Will probably lose points as he got to semi final last year.

If he avoids Sock, could have a good run in Paris.
I see what your point, I just hope that he could be at that position in the near future.:hi5:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I'm glad Edmund won.
The pusher just pushed even more in the tie-break and he got what he deserved.
Impressed by Edmund's aggressiveness and determination in that TB, and from both wings too. I always knew his forehand was a weapon, but his backhand can be too.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Story of Monfils career; so much talent but not enough discipline... too much junk foods. Credit to Kyle to keep fighting even his anticipation and reaction timing are really poor.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was kind of warming up to Edmund in recent months and those tears at the end made me a fan. I like it when players show emotion. It shows that they care. It's nice to see Kyle finally get that monkey off his back. Hope this is the first of many titles for him.
Kyle 'seems' stoic most times... until you saw him in day2-day3 of LaverCup18. I think that weekend 'unlocked' something in him. He was going NUTS at LC ramming his teammates in the locker room lol.

Happy that he won. I saw his real potential in the match against Murray earlier this year (Eastborne?). He did well at WB, then it dropped off. LC kinda lit a spark in him it seems.

Congrats on your 1st title, and keep'em coming Kyle!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Great results today. :drive: Big win for Kyle.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Kyle has had a great run of tournaments recently and shown what he can really do. He’s been all over the place since Australia. That said, this hard fought, high quality struggle across the finish line makes his first title all the better. Excellent stuff, Kyle :yeah:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts