Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basha was returning against the match, and broke back with 3 winners off great points requiring hustle and patience/controlled sustained attack.

He roared twice after breaking and never looked back.

And another amzing hustle/defense + patient offense pt to break again in the third.

You can see he's still putting the work in.

He won 9 straight games from *3-5 down.

What a pleasure to see him dictate on a tennis court. Even defended and ran really well still at 5-0 30-40, ended with a stunning pass.

Arnaboldi was amazingly gritty, so strong in defense. He was raging as it all came unfolding though.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
God thanks he won...it would be a bad loss to this random player...

Reactions: Ellentonboy

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
BOATilash500i is officially back with this conclusive victory

·
Registered
17,892 Posts
Good to see the Georgian bouncing back

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Bash should be entering his prime , once he let his ex wife issue go away completely of his mind and yeah, looking for results beyond the 500s

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bash should be entering his prime , once he let his ex wife issue go away completely of his mind and yeah, looking for results beyond the 500s
results beyond the 500s? :eek:

How? Even best Basha in a weaker tennis field didn't really have results beyond the 500s.

Completely wrong expectations here

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
results beyond the 500s? :eek:

How? Even best Basha in a weaker tennis field didn't really have results beyond the 500s.

Completely wrong expectations here
Call me crazy but I'm predicting now results post wife/ pandemic loonacy SFs at a MS , e.g. , something more big league , a true re birth. EDIT: most likely on clay just to clarify .

He can make me look bad , of course .

·
justice for all
16,233 Posts
Basha's 2021 CYGS in the pocket now. Unless we decide to NOT look past his 2nd round match in Antalya.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hope he can get past his personal/legal issues and regain is former fine play. Personally I like his style of play, this would have been an awful loss had he thrown in the towel. When I saw the draw I thought he had one of the easiest opponents. If it were not for the protected ranking system that was in play he would have dropped down dramatically especially after being charged with domestic abuse. You never know what happens between two people. That is his personal life, let's just watch his matches and decide from there if he is truly in form or not. Round two should be interesting....

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope he can get past his personal/legal issues and regain is former fine play. Personally I like his style of play, this would have been an awful loss had he thrown in the towel. When I saw the draw I thought he had one of the easiest opponents. If it were not for the protected ranking system that was in play he would have dropped down dramatically especially after being charged with domestic abuse. You never know what happens between two people. That is his personal life, let's just watch his matches and decide from there if he is truly in form or not. Round two should be interesting....
Round 2 still very do-able.

Good tourney to get some wins/confidence under his belt.

Looks like a QF against De Minaur.

De Minaur will be too much for him at this point, but he should keep it competitive.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Round 2 still very do-able.

Good tourney to get some wins/confidence under his belt.

Looks like a QF against De Minaur.

De Minaur will be too much for him at this point, but he should keep it competitive.
You are so right- the second round should be a win for him. But against DeMinaur, I would think his chances are slim. That’s not to say I would not enjoy seeing him victorious, but the Aussie is awfully tough. She be interesting to say the least.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
Basha's 2021 CYGS in the pocket now. Unless we decide to NOT look past his 2nd round match in Antalya.
No hypetrain without @Kowchi opening a thread on it. Will this be the new Tomic Golden CYGS 2016-train?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Arnaboldi has a total of 4 wins at ATP level. Basilashvili, if even close to his previous level, should have won this in two. Of course, he can still win another match here, as his next opponent is Altug Celikbelek.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Arnaboldi has a total of 4 wins at ATP level. Basilashvili, if even close to his previous level, should have won this in two. Of course, he can still win another match here, as his next opponent is Altug Celikbelek.
Yep I think he should count this next match in the win column.....hopefully

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Always watch the match before comments such as these.

None the less, players have 3 sets to win a match, and can climb to a level at any time during that match.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
So why did the ATP not suspend him yet

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don’t know if he was actually convicted of a felony and law enforcement officials did not jail him or take his passport. I don’t know if the ATP has the authority to suspend a player based on behavior that occurred off court, did not involve gambling or performance enhancing drugs, or resulted with the player incarcerated. There is a very fine line here and the ATP would be wise to tread lightly and not reprimand him. It appears his on court performance has suffered enough for whatever his off court misdeeds may justify. If the ATP hasn’t done anything to him now I doubt they will .

·
Registered
17,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why do you believe her, not him, is the question?

Someone destroying your trophies doesn't really show psychological behaviour of a person that's been abused, for one. Shows the signs of another crazy bitch.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts