Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Antalya ATP Entry List and Seeds
I have never seen something like this-the highest qualifier is N 265.As a bulgarian i am happy that this gives chance to 2 my countryman but as a tennis fan i think this is the weakest qualifying ever . With so many withdrawals there are only 6 alternates left-and it will be no surprise is Tsisipas brother-Petros-N960-who is 5 alt get in the draw .

·
Registered
398 Posts
Antalya ATP Entry List and Seeds
I have never seen something like this-the highest qualifier is N 265.As a bulgarian i am happy that this gives chance to 2 my countryman but as a tennis fan i think this is the weakest qualifying ever . With so many withdrawals there are only 6 alternates left-and it will be no surprise is Tsisipas brother-Petros-N960-who is 5 alt get in the draw .
Andreev is expected to play too.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I wonder why Cagnina just withdrew? He is in Antalya and was hitting with de Minaur just yesterday.. 🤷‍♂️

TBH i had never even heard of the guy until I saw him in the draw, using a PR, reaggravated injury?

·
MONSOON season.
82,206 Posts
The players on that list ar eactually better than the rankings suggest, but it's still dire.

Doubles is going to be crazy too. Looks like 41-year-old Motti might actually get in (with a PR), alongside Tommy Hilfiger pretty boy Julian Ocleppo. He wasn't even a good player at his peak.

Margaroli, essentially a contemporary version of Motti, is already in.

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Not a bad draw tbh. It was never stacked before either. Plus weather's gonna be better than the 40C heat in previous years and it's gonna be on hard this time, so I look forward to watching this.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The players on that list ar eactually better than the rankings suggest, but it's still dire.
Very good point. And correct me if I am wrong but the Q list is filled with mainly hardworking CH players, there are very few unlikeable players (attitudewise - not playing style).

While its obviously a poor draw for ATP event - I am more than happy that these guys have a shot.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
its kind of expected what with the pandemic and the lack of history at the event, a big chance for the likes of Berretini to get a title.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Worst possible draw for Mitko Kuzmanov-being seeded-to draw an ATP tour winner amongs all byes .The draw for other bulgarians is quite good and i think at least 1 have a chance to qualify.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Worst possible draw for Mitko Kuzmanov-being seeded-to draw an ATP tour winner amongs all byes .The draw for other bulgarians is quite good and i think at least 1 have a chance to qualify.
Yeah i was surprised to see Basic ranked so low. He was playing a bunch before the COVID stoppage and was winning matches consistently at challenger level 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Why are players who are already on-site practicing withdrawing?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts