Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chardy winning it after losing a comfortable set + break lead and breaking to stay in the match was never in doubt.
Entertaining match from both players under the sun.
Chardy had 3-0 final set, Fabio served for the match at 6-5 but in the end the frenchman was too strong for our italian hero.

·
Registered
11,833 Posts
He came back so many times in this match, I thought he is going to pull it off. But it wasn't to be.
Anyway, he is playing better than what we've seen in the last part of 2020. Seems to be ok physically. Looking forward to see what he does this season.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It was a round 2 battle, not a quarter final. ;)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think this event got about the best Quarterfinal line up they could hope for. Fabio Fognini just barely missed out. I know Miomir Kecmanovic lost in round one but he is pretty weak so I don't consider that to much of a loss. The difference in quality of this field's lineup compared to Delray is pretty massive. Delray's looks like some kind of challenger with a couple top players sprinkled in

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Take a look at the h2h rivarly, every single match has been an epic drama barnburner, close duel where one ekes it out in the end. Never once have these two had a routine straight set walk in the park. Suggests they don't like each other?. Around the same age, they must go back to juniors together.

·
F***ing have it
17,627 Posts
Good riddance

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
So Fognini blowing another match in deciding TB. Never change Fabio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts