Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better player won, Miomir was more active on return in all 3 sets. At 5-5 in the 2nd set he was down 15-40 and served 2 aces to save the 2 break points, I think that was the turning point.
First final for the young player from Serbia. :yeah: He should be the favourite against either PCB or Sonego.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Re: Antalya 2019 SF: Miomir Kecmanović def. [3] Jordan Thompson 6-7(5) 7-6(5) 7-6(1)

Better than absolute garbage isn't very good, is it, now? Final is probably going to be a mugfest with Sonego winning, ultimately.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Re: Antalya 2019 SF: Miomir Kecmanović def. [3] Jordan Thompson 6-7(5) 7-6(5) 7-6(1)

Baby Coric :yeah:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Antalya SF: Miomir Kecmanovic def. (3) Jordan Thompson 6:7(5) 7:6(5) 7:6(1)

Grueling match for both players in almost impossible conditions (very hot and the court is a garbage), but Miomir was better player and deservedly won.
This is the first tour level final for Miomir and he progresses very well.It's only the matter of time when he will be the second best ranked player born 1999 or later on ATP list (behind FAA). He improved almost every aspect of his game in the last couple of months and probably will be more promising player then Shapovalov, de Minaur or Ruud (outside clay).

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Baby Coric :yeah:
Coric is baby Kecmanovic. :yeah:

·
Registered
135 Posts

Better than absolute garbage isn't very good, is it, now? Final is probably going to be a mugfest with Sonego winning, ultimately.
Serb hater alert.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
The question is if Thompson recover enough to his match vs Kyrgios in Wimbledon?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Miomir to win the last (hopefully) edition of this awful tournament please! Besides that, the better player won today and I think he should be able to win the final :smile2:

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

Saw Kecmanovic live against Khachanov in Halle, was quite impressed with how well he was hitting the ball. Very good ballstriker, particularly the BH is very strong. Serve also surprised me, but just because I expected it to be absolutely terrible and it only was bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts