1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
While not trying to make light of this situation. This Australian comedian is spot on with how Americans treat their 'freedom to have guns'

It's gotten to a point where Americans can't even save themselves from their own guns.

Reactions: Pratik

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,385 Posts
'Murica

In before Moonball Pusher, blaming the parents and failing to see the bigger picture (not that the parents are not to blame as well).

·
Your visions will happen
50,044 Posts
Any parents cannot be found? :confused:

But yes, the REAL issue is the gun laws in this country. The 2nd Amendment states: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Full history lesson- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Meaning, I think, that in order to own a gun you must be a part of a well regulated militia, like a branch of the military for example. You and your drinking buddies do not count as a well regulated militia.

I've never understood the need for guns except in actual warfare, and even that I am opposed to unless absolutely necessary. Why keep a gun in your house? I don't ever see myself ever owning a gun, it never leads anything positive. As I said before I am a baseball bat and martial arts kind of guy for defending myself and my family. Bruce Lee said he won most of his fights by not even fighting, by running away. This is Bruce Fucking Lee saying this. Why violence? What is the point of having a gun?

Warning, the following video contains language that Caucasian audiences may find uncomfortable.

"You really feel like a man with that gun in your hands, huh?"

"I'm a man without it"

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Disgusting.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
While not trying to make light of this situation. This Australian comedian is spot on with how Americans treat their 'freedom to have guns'

It's gotten to a point where Americans can't even save themselves from their own guns.
Oh great, another edgy clown who isn't even American who tries to do political "comedy."

'Murica

In before Moonball Pusher, blaming the parents and failing to see the bigger picture (not that the parents are not to blame as well).
No, that is the bigger picture. Kids die all the time but you don't see a national news story every time a kid falls into a swimming pool and dies.

Ahh and then we have Groove, bringing his expertise to the thread.

Any parents cannot be found? :confused:

But yes, the REAL issue is the gun laws in this country. The 2nd Amendment states: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Full history lesson- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Meaning, I think, that in order to own a gun you must be a part of a well regulated militia, like a branch of the military for example. You and your drinking buddies do not count as a well regulated militia.
Wrong. One again you have no idea what you're talking about. For one, well-regulated doesn't mean regulations, it means equipped. For another, under law the "militia" is every male the age of 18-45 IIRC.

But the main point is that the rule says "the right of the people shall not be infringed." The right is reserved for the people. Just like every other amendment in the Bill of Rights. They are individual rights.

Go read DC v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago if you want to actually educate yourself. It is an individual right. It's basic law and English.

I've never understood the need for guns except in actual warfare, and even that I am opposed to unless absolutely necessary. Why keep a gun in your house? I don't ever see myself ever owning a gun, it never leads anything positive. As I said before I am a baseball bat and martial arts kind of guy for defending myself and my family. Bruce Lee said he won most of his fights by not even fighting, by running away. This is Bruce Fucking Lee saying this. Why violence? What is the point of having a gun?

Warning, the following video contains language that Caucasian audiences may find uncomfortable.

"You really feel like a man with that gun in your hands, huh?"

"I'm a man without it"
Guns are necessary for self-defense. If you don't want one, fine, but that doesn't change the rights and wants of other people. By the way, trying to fight "like a man" is plain stupidity. Have fun getting killed trying to fight off a home invasion with a baseball bat. Or if you were a small woman who is not going to fare well in fights. I find it disturbing that you are so privileged that you can't even see past your own circumstances to care for the security and safety of others.

·
Your visions will happen
50,044 Posts
Regulated doesn't mean regulations? What the fuck? If it meant equipped, it would have said equipped.

Guns are necessary for self defense? Why? For cowards maybe. Who don't know how to handle their business any other way. How many times do we hear about a gun massacre in this country? Now how many times do we hear about guns actually SAVING someone's life? Never. Ever. Make love, not war. And best believe if someone invades my home I will crack some fucking skulls with a baseball bat. Not that I have anything for anyone to steal, perhaps you are the one who is privileged who has to worry about someone invading their home?

And you calling me privileged, lol. I'm the guy working his ass off just to pay all his bills and break even, living in ghettos, seeing cops rolling by at all times of day and night, and you calling me privileged? Just hilarious stuff.

I've had a gun pointed in my face. I've been inches away from death. Have you?

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Regulated doesn't mean regulations? What the fuck? If it meant equipped, it would have said equipped.
It's just sad how little knowledge you have on the subject. You should read more.

Guns are necessary for self defense? Why? For cowards maybe.
Yeah, I'm sure a pregnant mother who is home alone is a coward for not wanting to fight hand to hand :facepalm:.

Who don't know how to handle their business any other way. How many times do we hear about a gun massacre in this country? Now how many times do we hear about guns actually SAVING someone's life? Never. Ever.
Guns save lives all the time. The media just doesn't report on it because of their agenda. http://gunssavelives.net/incident-map/

Make love, not war. And best believe if someone invades my home I will crack some fucking skulls with a baseball bat. Not that I have anything for anyone to steal, perhaps you are the one who is privileged who has to worry about someone invading their home?
Sure thing buddy. Spoken like a true idealistic child.

And you calling me privileged, lol. I'm the guy working his ass off just to pay all his bills and break even, living in ghettos, seeing cops rolling by at all times of day and night, and you calling me privileged? Just hilarious stuff.

I've had a gun pointed in my face. I've been inches away from death. Have you?
:zzz: You are incapable of understanding anything from outside of your own narrow world view. How is an elderly person supposed to defend themselves? How about a frail woman? A pregnant mother? Are they all cowards for not wanting to go toe-to-toe with an intruder? Sorry, but I don't view wanting to defend yourself from criminal scum as cowardly. You are free to not own a gun yourself, but other people think different and value their lives more than you, and it is disgusting that you can't understand that and don't care about the safety of others.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
"Guns save lives" :haha: Define brainwash.

Maybe you should try to un-fuck your country before giving old ladies firearms. Embarrassing.

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Guns are necessary for self-defense.
How so? Please tell me why someone needs a gun for self-defense? They are not necessary for self-defense, in America they are an option for self-defense.

Guns are tools for killing. Full Stop. End of sentence.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
How so? Please tell me why someone needs a gun for self-defense? They are not necessary for self-defense, in America they are an option for self-defense.

Guns are tools for killing. Full Stop. End of sentence.
Yes, self-defense = killing. Duh.

And they are necessary for self-defense because other means of self-defense just don't cut it.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
What kind of man would attack an elderly, frail, or pregnant woman in the first place?
You are deliberately obtuse. Or really, really sheltered and ignorant.

·
Your visions will happen
50,044 Posts
Are you implying it doesn't happen?
I'm not saying that I am just questioning what kind of person would attack someone so defenseless?

You are deliberately obtuse. Or really, really sheltered and ignorant.
So you are deliberately avoiding my question because you have zero answer.

Once again, I myself have had a gun pointed at me, inches from death, my life resting on the trigger finger of someone else. Do you know what that feels like? Do you understand the helplessness of that situation? Have you ever had that happen to you?

No. No you fucking haven't.

How come other countries don't have gun problems? How many other countries have stories like this happening literally every day? Do you realize how bad it makes our country look internationally?

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Yes, self-defense = killing. Duh.

And they are necessary for self-defense because other means of self-defense just don't cut it.
Great...so it's kill or be killed. What a great country to live in....land of opportunity!

1 - 20 of 127 Posts