Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On twitter "Congrats to Novak on a great start to the year.. However this egg today wasn't appreciated on easter"

Maybe this has a deeper meaning?

My apology if this has been posted earlier.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
He got bageled... But the British don't have a word for "bagel." They call it "egg." It is sort of like the whole "flat" or "apartment" thingy or "lift" and "elevator." What can you do....

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
He got bageled... But the British don't have a word for "bagel." They call it "egg." It is sort of like the whole "flat" or "apartment" thingy or "lift" and "elevator." What can you do....
Interesting. :lol:

So the Brits can't just say "bagel" anyway? Languages borrow from each other all the time... :tape:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a feeling Murray saw this as a opportunity to express his true thoughts and get away with it.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
He meant the bagel set

These threads :lol:

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
Heh. Interesting.

Also, bagels in tennis are also referred to "goose eggs". Is that at all related?

Whenever I beat my brother in tennis (he's just a beginner though), I always call them "pizza bagels" :cool:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Heh. Interesting.

Also, bagels in tennis are also referred to "goose eggs". Is that at all related?
They have their silly slang, idioms, and phrases. Nobody understands a word they say anyway. I love my British friends but everytime they ask me a question, I just say yes.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Welcome back Yoda, your tin foil hat wearing conspiracy threads have been missed.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
If I were you I wouldn't be taking anything SheepleBuster says seriously.
Foolish but I admire you. Not many dare to challenge my in-depth knowledge of the American language, etymology, and history.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Well what do you expect from a nation that can't pronounce aluminium correctly so they re-arrange it as aloominum.
I mean you drive on the wrong side of the road and are still using aluminum as a sticking point in the discussion? Get real son.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Maybe this has a deeper meaning?
No...Murray was bagelled....or you know got an egg. 6-0. IT'S A FUCKING JOKE! There is no 'deeper meaning' unless you try and make one.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
This thread has proven to be very educational, its only fitting for the US citizins to know their roots for the majority that is...

No...Murray was bagelled....or you know got an egg. 6-0. IT'S A FUCKING JOKE! There is no 'deeper meaning' unless you try and make one.
I agree under normal circumstances I wouldnt assume this, but Murray has been very negative towards Djokovic as of late, so I have every right to examine every possible meaning. I think Wordsmith is not a bad nickname.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
So it has no astrological meaning? :D

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
If they cant say bagel why not say donut-

1 - 20 of 61 Posts