Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A tad bit of time has passed since my last entry, and my routine continues.

Here I am back in Florida and a bit has changed since last time. For one thing an old friend of mine from the Dominican Republic has come to study at the same University I am. It truly helps to have a high school friend join you in college. It brings back old memories and provides a opportunity to create more new ones. With Armando, my buddy, I've met many more people and have partied quite a bit more than ususal. Just a word of advice: If you can, keep in touch with high school friends Besides family, nothing is more important than a good friend. It may take some time, but at one point or another, you will realize how hard it is to find a truly good friend.

I was excited at the prospect of buying my first car, here in the states. You see, Florida is a fun place, but it can be awful to live here with no transportation. Flordia, for those of you who havent been here, is a horribly "flat" place. The distances here are large, and public transportation is, well, sucky.

I was finally ready to get my drivers license and get my brand new Acura TL. All I needed was to pass my drivers exam. Naturaly, I was a but nervous so I practiced my butt off. The day of the exam had finally arrived. I had memorized all the road rules, I practiced my revers parrallel parking skills, and my general driving behavior under heavy traffic.

So I get in the Car provided to me at the Driver License center, and I am ready to hit the road. Turns out, my examiner tell me that the exam is entirley on the parking lot. She told me that I ought to drive exactly how I would on a florida highway, in this parking lot. I was stunned. I practiced so much on highway driving that I was not expecting this at all.

What can I say about the actual exam? I failed miserably. I went at 20 miles in the parking lot, drove in the middle of the parking lot, something which, In a highway would probably not be safe, and even went on the wrong side of the "road" in the parking lot.

That sucked.

Now I am over that. I am in Miami, chillin again.

I will probably party with my Dominican friend again today. And next week I will practice my parking lot driving skills. Heh, who knows? Maybe next time I'll be examined on the road, and I'll be stunned yet again.

Hope you enjoyed this entry,

Manuel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts