Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Kitzbuhel Luzzi leads Zabaleta 2-1 not sure if there is a break of serve or not. At Pinnacle Luzzi odds closed at $3.10 and Zaba $1.43. They have now put up odds of Luzzi $1.90 and Zaba $2.00 which seems a bit weird considering the score.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
why cilic over simon? simon has beaten so many top players on clay this year, cilic lost their only encounter in 5 sets at wimby but i mean, his clay results are def not even close to wat simon has accomplished

one good line i see tomorrow is acasuso, 5-2 lifetime against ferrer, i guess his game just matches up well with ferrer.

seppi is also dangerous against juanqui, but if juanqui is on, then he will win.

fognini? who is this guy, eschauer if not mentally and physically tired should win this?

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
why cilic over simon? simon has beaten so many top players on clay this year, cilic lost their only encounter in 5 sets at wimby but i mean, his clay results are def not even close to wat simon has accomplished

one good line i see tomorrow is acasuso, 5-2 lifetime against ferrer, i guess his game just matches up well with ferrer.

seppi is also dangerous against juanqui, but if juanqui is on, then he will win.

fognini? who is this guy, eschauer if not mentally and physically tired should win this?

I agree bro...Simon should take care of Cilic hands down...

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I am going to be adding plays throughout the day, lets make some cash guys. Clear weather in all three tournaments all day long baby and lets kick things off with:

ATP Kitzbuhel

Peter Luczak 1.45 over Juan Pablo Guzman ($450 to win $201.79)

I am going to kick things off today with a 'smart' play on the better player as of late despite the sorta sketchy odds. My only uneducated guess as to why the odds are so low for Luczak has to be because only 6 places seperate the two of them in the ATP rankings so oddsmakers figured that Luczak's advantage was not as big as everyone would have imagined. Luczak has not played since losing in the first round of a clay court Challenger event in Almaty on June 18. That's an entire month of relaxing with no tennis so it might take him a bit of time to get going in this one. The one and only time these two have met was on clay courts and the tall Aussie won 6-4 6-2 in August of 2004 at the Poznan challenger event. Luczak has been on absolute fire as of late when it comes to clay courts, holding a 31-9 record in all clay court matches since this time last year. Included in those wins are 3 Challenger event titles, yes he won three tournaments since May (Byrom, Furth and Mas Palomas). Now the more I think of it, all that work in the challenger events was made for moments like this where Luczak can add to his ATP repertoire of wins and losses. Guzman is a virtual unknown has not done much since August and who doesn't really match up well with the Aussie. Guzman is 0-6 in his last six matches on clay versus players ranked in the TOP 100 (Luczak is ranked #97) and he has just not played well enough to be considered a threat here. Luczak is going to do all he can to defend last year's opening round win points in this tournament (he beat Dr. Ivo who was ranked #135). Both players are normal Challenger circuit players who somehow got into an ATP event so this match could be exciting. However, Luczak has 4 Challenger tournament titles over the last 12 months while Guzman finds himself with only one and has struggled against guys ranked in the TOP 100. It may take some time for Luczak to get going because of the layoff but once he gets his serve in action, I think he can pressure the Argy and force him into mistakes. GO LUCZAK!

:eek:

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Simons last two L's on clay are looking good, 7-6 6-1, 6-1 6-0, one to Steve Darcis :confused:

are you aware that both losses were to eventual tournament winners? Ferrer and Darcis both went on to win the tournaments. Not bad at all. Also, Gilles Simon has recent clay court wins over Juan Monaco, Davydenko, Guillermo Canas, Andy Murray and quite a few other guys. I dont know how the hell you guys are backing Cilic here...I think Simon kicks his ass. GL

·
Registered
262 Posts
Gilles Simon to win at 1.65 and Rochus to win at 3.5. I think Moya and Djokovic will win comfortably but they are no value. Are all the Umag games today?

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I'm going to wait for Umag and Indianapolis today I think. There are several interesting underdogs in Kitzbuhel, but a negative for each one imo, which is why I'm not too tempted. Here are my thoughts anyway:

Patience v Andreev - dangerous match for Andreev here, but if the Frenchman serves at 39% for this match as well, I can't see the Russian not punishing that.

Chela v Koellerer - I'd love to back Crazy Dani here, but Chela has been one of the most consistent players this year.

Navarro-Pastor v Almagro - match-up not entirely in Almagro's favour, but, having checked out Navarro's recent results, I'm not convinced he will actually get over the line.

Seppi v Ferrero - possibility that Seppi's consistency will upset Ferrero, but I'm still not convinced about the Italian's ability to build on his Gstaad run.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yestaray I saw 1/2 match from Cilic vs Montcourt.

Cilic was nothing near impressive. TONS of ue, 1st % about 40. 1st time when I saw Moncourt more than just highlights. Very average serve, shocked when i saw that he was winning more than 50% of 2nd serve. No firepower from both hands. He was quite good returning ball on other side of court more than 10 times, but eventually was over skilled by Cilic an got tired in 3rd set (fit-less). I don't like Simon...he is choker, but in this match if Cilic plays like yesterday - Simon must take him down.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
I was gonna go with Seppi over Ferrero but the odds are disappointingly short. I was expecting 4/1 or 5/1 but at 2/1 I'm almost tempted to go the other way and back JCF.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
yestaray I saw 1/2 match from Cilic vs Montcourt.

Cilic was nothing near impressive. TONS of ue, 1st % about 40. 1st time when I saw Moncourt more than just highlights. Very average serve, shocked when i saw that he was winning more than 50% of 2nd serve. No firepower from both hands. He was quite good returning ball on other side of court more than 10 times, but eventually was over skilled by Cilic an got tired in 3rd set (fit-less). I don't like Simon...he is choker, but in this match if Cilic plays like yesterday - Simon must take him down.
Totaly agree.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
I'm also suprise nobody has taken Lee 1.55 over Goldstein :shrug:
In form player against struggler.

And Mardy Fish 1.45 over Igor "I can only win matches in Russia" Kunitsyn.
8-17 record for Igor this year,sucked badly yesterday against Giraldo,solid Mardy,home crowd....Looks good to me.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts