Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate posting rankings stuff in other threads - sometimes in the current tourney thread or the articles thread or whatever. so now there is a thread just for rankings updates and discussion :D (and if someone has some kind of idea for a cooler title let me know :p)

Anyway, Andy's currently #3 by a mere 40 points. He'll lose 10 (I think) points for not defending his Bangkok final (that 5th result will be replaced by the Memphis semi from this year). So since Hewitt is playing Bangkok this year, he only has to make the QF to overtake Andy. Not much diff. between 3 and 4 and Andy should be pretty safe at 4 since Marat's just had surgery...

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Good idea for a thread. I like how you've put his current rank in the thread title, too. :yeah:

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing I edited was putting in the current rank b/c I thought of it and thought it would be helpful lol. I didn't *change* the title though :ras:

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
He should gain some points though if he plays in the two Masters Series events. Hopefully he plays well at Lyon too.

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well yes he can gain points there - more than Lleyton (lleyton made the QF at Paris, andy only won 1 match)..... this is the time of the year that the race starts to become more useful, too.

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ummmm if he wins Paris and Madrid and Rafa loses in the first round in both and he also goes way further at Shanghai? lol....

technically mathematically possible but HIGHLY unlikely.

·
rainha (:
6,417 Posts
So ok I'm too tired to really think hard about it, but Hewitt pulling out of Thailand before his QF match still means he passes Andy this week right?

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
I posted this in a different thread, but when does Andy officially qualify for TMC? It's the top 7 as of Nov 7th. I can't see Andy falling out of the top 7 in the next month.

·
85,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes Carole, Hewitt will pass Andy but it'll still be just by a few points.... but Hewitt isn't playing Paris I don't think, and he has more points to defend there... so yea it'll be back and forth, but Andy could be #3 going into the Masters Cup.

Mirkaland, they wait to announce them until they become mathematically certain to qualify. Technically there are probably a few people who could mathematically bump Andy out. But realistically, he will almost surely qualify.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Boy, do I love mathematically and technically... :p

"Andy's current stock-market value"? :D

3rd or 4th isn't that much of a difference, as far as seeding goes... :eek: Are we all looking forward to a better next year?! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have this theory on Andy's rankings. When he was 21 he was number 1, when he was 22 he was #2, now he;s 23.. #3. Thats my theory anyway...

Lets hope he doesn't get any older!

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Debstah said:
Yes Carole, Hewitt will pass Andy but it'll still be just by a few points.... but Hewitt isn't playing Paris I don't think, and he has more points to defend there... so yea it'll be back and forth, but Andy could be #3 going into the Masters Cup.

Mirkaland, they wait to announce them until they become mathematically certain to qualify. Technically there are probably a few people who could mathematically bump Andy out. But realistically, he will almost surely qualify.
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how did Safin become mathematically certain? Just by winning AO? You don't automatically qualify just by winning a GS do you?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts