Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I could start this thread:p
I think Andy improved alot in the past weeks! He still needs to get fitter and gain weight, I think 68 KG is not enough! He needs to get strong legs and a stron arm, then he'll have more speed on his shots and will get more balls.
He needs to work on this! I hope I'll see him stronger than ever:)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I think he's got good speed on his arms, his passing shots are pretty good from what i've seen

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, but he hasn't got alot of power in his BH at the groundstrokes....

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it will come, the passings are amazing I love them:)

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
decrepitone said:
And don't forget to mention the need to improve on 1st serve %. Hopefully Mark Petchey will be working on this.
yea, he has to. and th DF's:mad:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I dont think his arms need too much building up, I'd say the legs are a bigger problem. Obviously the first serve % needs to come up but thats probably a technical thing rather than tired arms as he hasn't been serving high %ages at any point of any match. The double faults I agree are a problem, he was serving them at crucial times and considering he doesn't really go for his 2nd serve too much he shouldn't be serving as many as he has.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
another thread eh fed express..........................:p

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:haha: Why not? The others have some hunderds of threads....

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
yeah but we dont need pointless threads in this forum...this is a different better forum remember ;)

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup but I felt like open a discuss on the most critical part of Andy.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
or wanted vcash...whatever ;)

sort your cramps out Andrew :mad:

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Everyone mentions Murray's fitness as a problem and yes it is but just remember it was only this year that Nadal suffered fitness problems against Federer at indian wells i think it was? i can't really remember now but the main thing is he blew a 2 set lead and looked really tired in the 4th and 5th sets

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was in the NASDAQ100 Open Final
It wasn't Nadal who played well, it was Federer who played bad. Nadal just played like crap in the last 2 sets. Some bad calls for Nadal in the 3rd, otherwise he would have won it for sure.

Andy can go 3:30 after 3:45 he gets cramps, the fitness is about 60%
He just needs to gain muscels like Hewitt did, 5-9 kilos, a must then he would be about 75KG. This would be help, his groundstrokes would getting harder, his serve would be harder, he could serve 140mph with out a doubt. What do you all think, will he grow more? I think he'll get 187cm...

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Aleksa's Laydee said:
or wanted vcash...whatever ;)

sort your cramps out Andrew :mad:
I agree. I think he needs to sort it out, you don't see many other players with cramp. But he's only 18 and Petch can help him, he'll work wonders, i have every faith in Petch! :) :D

Reactions: adee-gee

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
musefanatic said:
I agree. I think he needs to sort it out, you don't see many other players with cramp. But he's only 18 and Petch can help him, he'll work wonders, i have every faith in Petch! :) :D
im glad someone does coz i dont! :lol:

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
adee-gee said:
:fiery: how can you not have faith in Petch! True legend :worship:
well coz he listens to Cowan and likes Cowan...and anyone who likes Cowan is a nutter!!! ;)

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Aleksa's Laydee said:
well coz he listens to Cowan and likes Cowan...and anyone who likes Cowan is a nutter!!! ;)
:lol: Cowan is funny. I think Petch prefers Bailey to be honest, they might have a little thing going on :eek: I do like Petch though, always makes me laugh and was very nice when I met him at Wimby. Seems like he's done a pretty good job with Andy already too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts