Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
lol...like Federer said, for rivalry you need both players winning. At the moment it's one way traffic. Murray can't stay in Top 10 for more than a few weeks...he's out of top 10 AGAIN! Consistency is his main problem, which unfortunately for him is what you need if you want to be a top 5 player in the world (let alone gs champion!). Talent is secondary to consistency. Always will be. It's better to be consistently good than play like shit one tournament and then Excellent the next one.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Very funny article. Nothing to do with the reality, but wishes (on scots side, of course). For Novak: "someone who can hate on court"...HA!

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
Both Nole and Andy still have waaaay more to achieve before even dreaming being in the JMac/Jimbo league...

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
lol...like Federer said, for rivalry you need both players winning. At the moment it's one way traffic. Murray can't stay in Top 10 for more than a few weeks...he's out of top 10 AGAIN! Consistency is his main problem, which unfortunately for him is what you need if you want to be a top 5 player in the world (let alone gs champion!). Talent is secondary to consistency. Always will be. It's better to be consistently good than play like shit one tournament and then Excellent the next one.
I agree ;)

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Jimbo was in his prime when John showed up.

Mac was 23 when Jimbo was 30 when they played in the 1982 Wimbledon final. So the age difference was always there, Andy and Novak don't really have that being only a few months apart.

Between John/Jimmy you have 15 Majors, Andy/Novak you have 1 (I know they are still young, but John/Jimmy were winning their majors in their early 20's).

Fun, but I highly doubt it will come true.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Jimbo was in his prime when John showed up.

Mac was 23 when Jimbo was 30 when they played in the 1982 Wimbledon final. So the age difference was always there, Andy and Novak don't really have that being only a few months apart.

Between John/Jimmy you have 15 Majors, Andy/Novak you have 1 (I know they are still young, but John/Jimmy were winning their majors in their early 20's).

Fun, but I highly doubt it will come true.
Try one week apart.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I stand corrected :)

I knew they were the same age, but thats scary.

Similar to Nadal-Gasquet, who I believe its 1-2 weeks apart? or was it a few days, I don't know. I'm too lazy to look it up at this time.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
I stand corrected :)

I knew they were the same age, but thats scary.

Similar to Nadal-Gasquet, who I believe its 1-2 weeks apart? or was it a few days, I don't know. I'm too lazy to look it up at this time.
Rafa: June 3
Richie: June 18

1 - 13 of 13 Posts