Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy Roddick Will Win The First Grand Slam in The Australian Open

I Hope He Will Meet Andre Agassi in The final

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
bingo_OMG i hope that happens,that would be amazing,but it's amazing that he made it to the quarter-finals when prety much allthe rest of the top 10 that were playing here bombed out before he did. he said he wanted tomake a dent in the Grand Slams and so far he's lived up to his word, GO RODDICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Well I must admit he's not that bad after all... not that I like him, but he's proved he's a good player. Still... GO YOUNES!

·
Registered
672 Posts
naw, Guys. I'm rootin' for Juan Carlos to take this or David. But If Roddick wins It'll be fine. :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
TennisMan said:
naw, Guys. I'm rootin' for Juan Carlos to take this or David. But If Roddick wins It'll be fine. :D
Ditto...My top three for the title are:
1. Juan Carlos
2. Roddick
3. David

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
it's amazing that he made it to the quarter-finals when prety much allthe rest of the top 10 that were playing here bombed out before he did.
If you want to get technical, actually, only 60% of the top ten coming out of Oz did not make the quarterfinals.

I wouldn't think that 4 of 10 going to the quarters accounts for "pretty much all of the rest", does it oh brilliant one?

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Lest we forget that if Roddick makes it past Younes, Rainer, and David, there are three seeds on the other side of the draw, any of whom I'm sure will be more than happy to take this Slam from Roddick.

Personally, I don't see him getting to the final to begin with . . .

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I don't think he's gonna win the slam (although it would be great if he did ;) ). But I think he has a decent shot at getting to the finals. If his game holds up I think he can beat Younes, who had a close match with Hewitt. Don't know about Rainer, but Andy did beat David en route to the TMS Toronto finals last year, and quite easily too if I remember correctly. :)

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
In what lifetime will Andy win the 1st GS?? Not this one. Younes is gonna kick his ass, I really can't say it enough times.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's funny that he just beat a lower ranked player and all in a sudden, he's the biggest, brightest star in the world. You Roddick fans don't have much expectation on him, do you?

However, he did beat someone he never beat before, that deserves some raised eyebrows. And I so want to see an Agassi Roddick final. If Agassi ever lose to that prick in a slam final, maybe he will consider early retirement :p. But I suspect that both a lose to Roddick nor an early retirement won't happen any time soon :D.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Well - if Roddick makes the final, which is still in doubt seeing as their are two matches left to play (dare I say that maybe it's Rainers turn? ;)) -

If he meets Agassi, Agassi will roll right over him, imo. He'll spank him ala Clement 2001. But hey - if he makes the final, a spaking doesn't take away from that result. Just ask David.

Him and Ferrero have never played, so that is a question mark. In terms of experience it's Ferrero, but i'm not certain how their games would match up.

Has he played Grosjean?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Andy won't make it to the final. period. and if by some miracle he does, he will lose to whoever is on the other side. but he'll make sure to cramp up and carry on so his fans can make excuses for him...;) ;)

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
All I know is he's 0-3 against Agassi, and if Ferrero is playing well enough to beat Agassi, who is on fire apparently, I don't think he's going to have any trouble with Roddick.

That said, I'm glad Andy finally realised that being a set down doesn't mean you should have a tanty and throw the rest of the match - I was starting to feel sorry for the kid.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wish he wins, but I think it's too early to say. Still quarterfianl tomorrow, against someone who beat Hewitt. Even himself admitted he had to work one by one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts