Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this thursday, march 6.

i don't know if this is an old one. i think it's the episode when he's jetlagged from australia and they show matchpoint from the younes match.

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
ah stop being mean you people. be glad that a tennis player is going out there and promoting tennis. too bad that your favorite wasn't one, well boo freakin hoo. get over it.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Hopefully I won't forget this time.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Andy does charity work too. He can do it even knowing his good deeds won't be televised. ;)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm Glad To See Tennis Players On TV

I think it's great that Andy (or anyone else) does talk shows. It's a nice easy way to promote tennis and educate some people on the sport.

Go Andy!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Hmm... some players' personalities do lend themselves more readily to talk shows and TV appearances than others, however. Much as I adore the Sjengster, I find it hard to imagine his discourse enthralling audiences with its wit, vigour and humour, while the thought of Novak undertaking such a role is almost unimaginable: "Let's say, I'm enjoying this show a lot. Let's say, that you are a droll and debonair host, even though I'd be lying. Let's say that this is a really great audience." (I've read a transcript of an interview with Novak after the Blake quarterfinal in TMS Rome last year, and "let's say" is practically his catchphrase - I wonder if that's how a lot of Eastern European languages translate in English?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts