Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he could play on the clay, If he was to go far in the French and maybe win a masters series on clay and do well at the others he would be challenging for the number 1 spot again.

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
Never in doubt.

·
Registered
335 Posts
umm no. that would have to mean he was a top hardcourter and grass courter. fed will be ahead of him on any surface so clay isnt his only issue.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
... the current #1, #2, #3 etc. commit suicide. Sorry folks, this is gross, but a silly statement deserves a silly response.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Number 1? No, Rafa and Roger would both have to be out with injuries for most of the season?

Win a major? Roger will have to not play, because he will never beat him in best of five, but I'm willing to give Andy good chances if it's him vs. Nole in the US open or AO.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Roddick cannot play well even on other surfaces these days. It's funny, but his game declined. The only thing that keeps him so high is that he puts a really big pressure on his opponent with his serve. But if you can decently construct points and have consisted your own serve, Roddick is in trouble. Therefore, I don't see any chances of becoming #1 unless what ClayBuster said happens

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Good thread.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Now I see why that poll wanted only posters who had 500+ posts could make threads came in existence. ;)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
he's always been no.1 in my heart

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
........he has a time machine and goes back to the mug era of the 90s.

Reactions: World Beater

·
Registered
874 Posts
Andy Roddick could be number one if...

...the rest of the ATP was swallowed up by a parallel universe.
...he joined the Senior circuit where he could beat up on the likes of Wayne Ferreira and Todd Martin.
...he joined the WTA.
...if they reduced the draws of all US played tourneys to accommodate him and only him, thereby making him the winner of Indian Wells, Key Biscayne, Rogers Cup, Cincinnati and the US Open by default.
...the world was anything like Pat McEnroe's secret stash of Roddick fanfic.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Andy Roddick could be number one if...

...the rest of the ATP was swallowed up by a parallel universe.
...he joined the Senior circuit where he could beat up on the likes of Wayne Ferreira and Todd Martin.
...he joined the WTA.
...if they reduced the draws of all US played tourneys to accommodate him and only him, thereby making him the winner of Indian Wells, Key Biscayne, Rogers Cup, Cincinnati and the US Open by default.
...the world was anything like Pat McEnroe's secret stash of Roddick fanfic.
:haha:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts