Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy "must be fixing himself" Murray pummels Nikolay "I'm innocent" Davydenko 6-4 6-3

Disappointing Andy, where was the bagel? :(

Seriously, good stuff again. Looking very good for the season already :cool: Brad is a distant memory at the moment.

Gasquet couldn't do that, eh escude? ;)

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Re: Andy "must be fixing himself" Murray pummels Nikolay "I'm innocent" Davydenko 6-4

:aparty:

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Doha SF : Murray - Davydenko 6:4 6:3

Trickster defeated fixer. What a match. Ball was flying slow like it were 1980s (like in every Murray match to be honest), rallies were endless, but some winners were awesome. Kolya made more errors (although I must admit some were forced by malicious Andy) and that's the reason why he lost

Tactics triumphs over counterpunching. And yes, this Murray is good. Seems like he's not giving a shit, but there's nothing more deceiving

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Re: Andy "must be fixing himself" Murray pummels Nikolay "I'm innocent" Davydenko 6-4

The Age of Murray is beginning. They may take his games, but they will NEVER TAKE HIS VICTORIES!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

Andy means business....

·
Registered
5,998 Posts

Well excpected EZ routine victory for my boy again!!! :rocker:

Im totally lovin' 2008...anyone else?

Reactions: JustJames

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts

Good match from Andy... :yeah:

Tbh he became a little passive in the second set, but even after two missed MPs he never really looked like giving Davydenko the initiative. There were times in the first set especially that he just looked unbeatable, he was really cranking his FH. Surely the Top 5 beckons.. :rocker2:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts

A competent rather than a comprehensive victory today - only sparkled in flashes but the rest of the time was solid enough off the ground, just did enough on serve, and contained Davydenko until the Russian obligingly self-destructed in one key game in each set.

Not the prettiest match ever, not surprisingly given their respective styles, but Murray was effective enough and that's what counts in the end.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts

:yawn: :eek:
watching Murray play is even worse than Ljubicic :zzz:

·
yawn
10,517 Posts

Congrats Muzza :yeah:

I'd like to see Stan win tomorrow but I'm afraid that won't happen :awww:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts

Well excpected EZ routine victory for my boy again!!! :rocker:

Im totally lovin' 2008...anyone else?
So far so good, definitely.

It's nice that he went out there and just handled the world #4. Not quite routined him, but it was hardly a great big dogfight either - he just overcome an early poor start, got on top and did enough to stay there. Even with Davydenko's recent issues that says a lot for Murray.

·
Registered
596 Posts

I wouldn't call 6 3, 6 4 pummeling, for the record.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Re: Doha SF : Murray - Davydenko 6:4 6:3

Tactics triumphs over counterpunching. And yes, this Murray is good. Seems like he's not giving a shit, but there's nothing more deceiving
Murray is a counterpuncher too, but Davydenko is one who play faster and closeer to the lines where Murray slows down the game very much and change the peaces and plays with more variety of shots

·
29,764 Posts

Job well done :yeah:

Should be a good contest tomorrow, hope he can start the season with title number four.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts

This Napoleon Dynamite, is good

Koyla, here's a tip :secret: ... put your money on Muzza in the final tomorrow

adee-gee said:
Gasquet couldn't do that, eh escude? ;)
Absolutely

2008 Finals ..
Muzza 1 Gasquet NIL. :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts