Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
He'll be on match point in the US Open Final before the doomsday decides to strike early. Don't need veterans to tell us that.

·
Your visions will happen
50,996 Posts
I wish he would just win a slam, preferably Wimbledon so the British especially will STFU about Murray not winning a slam.

But, as human nature dictates, I guarantee that once Murray wins Wimbledon, the next day, the British press will be looking for Murray to win every slam, push to hype to the max, and when he fails, they'll wonder why he can't do it and where the next British champion will come from and who he will be :rolleyes:

And they wonder why they've had no slam champs since Fred Perry in the 30's.

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
If Murray or another one wins a single GS in his career people say "Oh he probably won it by fluke" and criticize him for not winning a second one...see negative comments about Noah, Gaudio, Delpony and other who won only one GS...so maybe it's better for a player not to win a GS than to win one "by fluke". Anyway detractors are never happy with results of players they hate and nothing will never make them love X or Y, winning a GS is not a reason to love a player anyway.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
I wish he would just win a slam, preferably Wimbledon so the British especially will STFU about Murray not winning a slam.
its the rest of the world rather than us who go on about it

Brits dont care by now

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Yep. I hardly read or see anything said about tennis or Murray here outside of Wimby time. The rest of the world seems to assume all Britain talks about is Murray and his elusive slam. The media barely give a toss about anything but Football.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Hm hm, yeah. The footie players get our undivided attention no matter how many times they disappoint us.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Well I guess when he has disappointed you so many times, best to focus on the football.
how has he been a disappointment? top4 for five years and many GS Finals and semis

know its not enough for a glory hound Nadal fanboy like you but he's a player to be proud of

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hm hm, yeah. The footie players get our undivided attention no matter how many times they disappoint us.
Or any other sport, where we can get lectured by how our press hypes our athletes up.

If he wasn't British, it'd be fashionable to point how no one gives a crap about him when they aren't giving the token article about how he hasn't won a Slam yet.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
how has he been a disappointment? top4 for five years and many GS Finals and semis

know its not enough for a glory hound Nadal fanboy like you but he's a player to be proud of
well they haven't had a Grand SLam champ in many many decades..... that is what they are waiting for. so of course they might naturally be dissapointed that a player from their country has been at the top for years and has just barely not managed to win one

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
well they haven't had a Grand SLam champ in many many decades..... that is what they are waiting for. so of course they might naturally be dissapointed that a player from their country has been at the top for years and has just barely not managed to win one
same can be said for many other countries

not many slams going anywhere apart from Swiss, Spain and Yugoslavia thesedays :shrug:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Montenegro is a better name for it.

·
Registered
14,480 Posts

Disappointed not disappointment. And yes, as I like Murray, I'm disappointed that he still hasn't won a Slam.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
50,996 Posts

Gotta win a slam man. Just one.

same can be said for many other countries

not many slams going anywhere apart from Swiss, Spain and Yugoslavia thesedays :shrug:
But since the 30's? I mean, come on. Even the French have Yannick Noah.

these englishmen need a geography lecture ;)
Still think they are the global hegemon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
grow some balls.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts