Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What is exactly grand slam winning days of Andy? Is that any different from Stan's grand slam winning days? I hate that Andy Murray is continuously overhyped. Enough of this british propaganda.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
4 slams are called winning days. example : USO 2012 - Wimbledon 2013. because he won it under 12 months. Stan won AO 2014 and RG 2015 more than 1 year passed.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
What is exactly grand slam winning days of Andy? Is that any different from Stan's grand slam winning days? I hate that Andy Murray is continuously overhyped. Enough of this british propaganda.
eh, did you even read the article? You say that he is continuously overhyped and yet here is an article saying that he'll never win another slam.

I tend to agree with OP though. It's maybe a bit early to say but his body seems to be failing him, and I wonder whether he'll even be able to win another masters title, never mind a slam. Even if he gets close to his old level, there is going to be more competition with the younger ones coming through as well as Djokovic and Nadal.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
4 slams are called winning days. example : USO 2012 - Wimbledon 2013. because he won it under 12 months. Stan won AO 2014 and RG 2015 more than 1 year passed.
where exactly did you find that definition? If your arbitrary definition is correct then the article above is 5 years too late.

Again, Stop Overhyping Andy Murray.

Big Four. Winning Days. It is all British Hype.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
where exactly did you find that definition? If your arbitrary definition is correct then the article above is 5 years too late.

Again, Stop Overhyping Andy Murray.

Big Four. Winning Days. It is all British Hype.
He won 3 slams. that's all 'grand-slam winning days' means. get a grip.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
This is like a curse. Every time someone has been written off he comes back even stronger.

So, come on, Andy! Prove them wrong!
I think it's good that Andy lost a few pounds at this point and state of his career, pressure on the hip must be reduced. Phyisically his body still looks fit as ever

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
I am more than convinced he is done and won't get back to the top 20 ever again, sad because I always admired him, and his mental strength is very underrated.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I tend to agree. Unlike other injuries from which players have come back, hip injury is a bitch especially if you rely on speed to beat your opponent. He may come back to top 20, but not to the level he was at.

Guga Kuerten tried and failed.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sadly, I believe he is definitely done at the highest level of tennis. At 31 years old and suffering a bad hip injury is a bad place to be, especially for somebody who is so reliant on defense and being able to outlast opponents to win Bo5 matches.

I was never the biggest Murray fan, but always respected his hard work and his drive that took him to winning 3 majors. I think the biggest thing to see will be if he even bothers to continue playing if his condition remains the same as it has been the past few months or if he hangs up the racquet to spend time with the family.

Either way, very good career and has made some of the best defensive winners in tennis history.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sadly, I believe he is definitely done at the highest level of tennis. At 31 years old and suffering a bad hip injury is a bad place to be, especially for somebody who is so reliant on defense and being able to outlast opponents to win Bo5 matches.

I was never the biggest Murray fan, but always respected his hard work and his drive that took him to winning 3 majors. I think the biggest thing to see will be if he even bothers to continue playing if his condition remains the same as it has been the past few months or if he hangs up the racquet to spend time with the family.

Either way, very good career and has made some of the best defensive winners in tennis history.
Do you reckon he can make top 10?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
After AO 17 everything is possible
For this kind of "everything" you need the movement, even an all-out-attack minded player like Federer and Raonic needs the legs/hips at 100% to be at maximum capacity, then a more defense minded player like Murray would need them double as much, since he's doing a bit more running due to that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts