Registered
4,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
that's interesting :)

especially insistance on the legs,

and the necessity of asking him to be proactive which seems to indicate that he risks not to be :lol: (maybe Murray has a too reactive state of mind actually)

the bottom part seems to be intended at a specific match against a specific opponent : Mahut or Pospisil maybe because it speaks of keeping him at the baseline

Try to be the one dictating, but also don't leave the baseline. Weird.
it probably means 'don't go behind the baseline'

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
it probably means 'don't go behind the baseline'
Yep. Also. :lol: at Nadal's note. ;)

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I wonder why there is "no yelling of profanity" on there
That's covertly contained within be good to yourself. Murray is a calculated man when it comes to being PC.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Whoever leaked it, is a twat.
agreed.

it's first of all quite personal.

and second of all it's clues for the adversaries how to play against him.

It's borderline economical espionage, the guy will lose money on this.

Now watch every second player calling him to the net Ljubo vs Simon, Madrid 2009 style.

I first laughed, then i thought it's nice and finally felt it's dumb for someone to showcase it.

Reactions: friður

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
agreed.

it's first of all quite personal.

and second of all it's clues for the adversaries how to play against him.

It's borderline economical espionage, the guy will lose money on this.

Now watch every second player calling him to the net Ljubo vs Simon, Madrid 2009 style.

I first laughed, then i thought it's nice and finally felt it's dumb for someone to showcase it.
I think you're referring to Paris. And I certainly hope they do because trying to soft-ball Simon didn't work out too well for Ljubicic. ;)

Interchanging slap shots and finesse like that, just brilliant from Simon.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Wow, I didn't know Muzzer was so bland.

1.Do your best
2.Run fast
3.Serve well
4.Return well
5.Hit the forehand
6.Hit the backhand
7.Sometimes slice the backhand
8.If the ball is high in the air hit the smash
Win the game

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
There's literally nothing there that anyone who's ever watched Murray play wouldn't know, it's irrelevant.
can you imagine a match against Fognini and the latter shouts - C'mon Andy! Be good...to yourself...hahaha

Murray would explode. This would be worse than Soderling's antics toward Nadal.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I think you're referring to Paris. And I certainly hope they do because trying to soft-ball Simon didn't work out too well for Ljubicic. ;)

Interchanging slap shots and finesse like that, just brilliant from Simon.
nono, it was Madrid 2009, Simon was cruising, set up and possibly (not sure tho) a break up, then Ljubo started doing the soft ball, short-ish slice on his BH side, which Simon just cannot physically attack with his BH grip and "swing".

Ljubo exploited this without any shame whatsoever (worse than Murray's 99.5% to Roger's BH tactics at one point in the recent past) and just broke his soul.

And mine. I was furious. Possibly had a bet on Simon too, can't remember, but this was the second worse i've ever felt watching a tennis match.

First was a disgraceful tank from Llodra against Robredo in Paris, back in the late 2000s too.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
nono, it was Madrid 2009, Simon was cruising, set up and possibly (not sure tho) a break up, then Ljubo started doing the soft ball, short-ish slice on his BH side, which Simon just cannot physically attack with his BH grip and "swing".

Ljubo exploited this without any shame whatsoever (worse than Murray's 99.5% to Roger's BH tactics at one point in the recent past) and just broke his soul.

And mine. I was furious. Possibly had a bet on Simon too, can't remember, but this was the second worse i've ever felt watching a tennis match.

First was a disgraceful tank from Llodra against Robredo in Paris, back in the late 2000s too.
Ohhh, that was the year Madrid was moved to clay. That's why I thought you meant Paris.

The funny thing is, later in the year he tried to do the same thing to an injured Simon in Paris of '09. Gilles had his ankle wrapped in the third set and showed clear signs of limited mobility. Ljubicic tried to exploit him with the same tactics.

What came next was one of the most amazing things I'd ever seen in tennis. Simon basically started hammering every serve, slapping at every forehand, crushing every backhand. And when he was pulled to net, came up with some of the most inspired finesse possible. From 3-3 with an injury, he took it all the way to a TB and pulled it out something like 7-5.

It was epic. Couldn't imagine how Ljube felt. I also recall Simon getting him back a couple of years later at Madrid as well.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I got 13 good reps for my Nadal notes post, a personal best. This thread served a divine purpose after all! ;)

Reactions: Fastgrass
1 - 20 of 57 Posts