Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent play by Andy through out the match:woohoo: Makes up a little bit for the disappointing AO:sad:

Congrats to Ancic for a great comeback tournament:hug:

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Well done Muzza

Has Ancic got bridesmaid written across his forehead?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Tough match, especially in the first set. 3 and 4 is unflattering to Mario - that first set especially was a dogfight.

Andy though, in spite of some troublesome serving, pulled out all the stops to hang in and snatch it, fought really hard when up against it.

Nicely done.

So good to see Ancic back playing well though. He can build on this.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Great performance by Andy, flawless tennis. Congrats on the second title of 2008 (WOW!) :worship:

Mario - definitely not as good as in his earlier matches - :hug: great run though!

First set was great, a lot tighter than the scoreline suggests - second showed Mario's level going down and Andy's getting up. Deserved winner.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this

You know, I like Murray and his game, the variety of rotations, different tactical choices, very good serve (even though the percentage of the 1st one sucks), but I somehow feel Justice was an ice-cold bitch today. Mario's victory would be a proper equivalent for all those months of injuries and illnesses

But it was well-deserved victory for Andy and kudos to him

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Great match, too bad Ancic wasted so many BPs.

This court is fast. This is what a hard court should play like. Stop slowing down the surfaces!

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Skip Davis Cup more in future Muzza :yeah:

great week Hocemo

now lets win Rotterdam, Andy "real number 1" Murray

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Cogratulations, tooth monster.

Reactions: tripb19

·
Registered
644 Posts
Muraay was consistent throughout and played the big points with poise. Murray served extremely well too. Good win!!!

Congrats for the great tournament Mario!!!

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Really interesting match, especially the first set. That game at 5-3 in the first set :eek: :worship:
In the second set Mario choked from *3-1 to *3-5, but it was a great week for him.
Line judges were awful throughout the whole match :rolleyes:
Congrats to Murray for his well deserved title :worship:
Also congrats Mario for a great comeback :worship:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
This court is fast. This is what a hard court should play like. Stop slowing down the surfaces!
Seconded, it's been a long time since we saw a real HC tournament. This one surely benefitted the real HC players.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Well done Andy. Now time to become a contender in TMS. I wish I had watched the match.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts