Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No thread about that ?

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Andy-murray-etait-malade-pendant-roland-garros/566463

Andy Murray reprendra la compétition la semaine prochaine au tournoi du Queen's. (Reuters)
Battu en demi-finale de Roland-Garros par Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray a assuré ce samedi à Londres qu'il était malade pendant une partie du tournoi parisien. Par ailleurs gêné par un problème à la paupière gauche, l'Ecossais a vu sa condition physique se dégrader en deuixème semaine: «Le jour de mon match contre Ferrer (en quarts de finale), je ne me sentais pas bien et j'ai ensuite attrapé un sale rhume qui a duré plusieurs jours. J'ai été malade pendant environ une semaine, j'avais donc besoin de me réatblir».
Quick translation : Andy Murray will be back next week at Queens. Beaten in the semifinal of Roland-Garros by Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray said this saturday in London that he was sick during a part of the event. Also bothered by a left eyelid problem, the Scot saw his physical condition being deteriorated in the second week : "The day of my match against Ferrer (in QF), I didn't feel good and then I got a nasty cold which lasted several days. I was sick during about one week, so I needed to recover".

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I thought it said he felt unwell after flying back to the UK?

“I felt OK the first few days [in Paris]. When I got on court and started running around it was fine. But then when I got back [to London] my left eyelid closed up and I was just ill, had a bad cough for a couple of days after that as well. I don’t know if I was just run down or tired, or whatever. It had obviously been a long few weeks but I feel fine now.”

Also interesting:

“I still think [the lead-in time to Wimbledon] should be longer. There should be more grass-court tennis, and there should be a Masters 1000 on the grass – but it’s a good start and it’s definitely healthy for the tour and for all of the players because you so see guys slipping and falling over.

Source: Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/13/andy-murray-grass-season-queens-wimbledon

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Pathetic excuses, gamesmanship and mind games. So Clayray can lose only when injured or sick, sounds like Knedull :haha:

I don't like this new gamesmanship embracing, whining, excuse finding, Nadal copycat Murray, at all.

Why did he fight in the SF if he was sick? If he was sick an unable to play properly No1e would have finished him off in 3 and would not be exhausted in the final.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
680 Posts
This explains everything.

Second Asterisk slam of Stan's career.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Pathetic excuses, gamesmanship and mind games. So Clayray can lose only when injured or sick, sounds like Knedull :haha:

I don't like this new gamesmanship embracing, whining, excuse finding, Nadal copycat Murray, at all.

Why did he fight in the SF if he was sick? If he was sick an unable to play properly No1e would have finished him off in 3 and would not be exhausted in the final.
Shows how overrated Fakervic is I suppose, gets taken to 5 sets by a clayray who had a life threatening bout of MERS.

"Exhausted Fakervic"? Gimme a break, he has never been tired since he miraculously transformed overnight due to a... gluten free diet was it again?

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

Because clayray is the ultimate competitor. Keep up mate.

Reactions: MuzzahLovah

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
It's not very effective gamesmanship if he only mentions it after the tournament is over to minimal publicity, having already lost the match.

Nice try condemning other players' alleged excuses while pretending your favourite was exhausted in the final, though. It might be more convicing if you hadn't spent the past week on this forum coming up with lame excuses for Djokovic's loss to Wawrinka (and for his many other losses at RG in previous seasons).

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
so was he sick before the ferrer match or after RG

either way an impressive performance from the Scot and glad he seems to be injury free going into the grass season :worship:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Perhaps that was some viral infection, few players especially from WTA struggled with illness during this RG.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

I know, it's disgraceful. Trying to make Novak earn victory, rather than gifting it to him. Real champions need everything to be given to them on a plate, because can't deal with the strain of playing an extra hour in their practice day.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
well, i think him being british holds him back more than any sickness he was faking... he looked healthy as a horse to me .. and this does pretty much confirm a secret relationship with serena ... I knew andy had a thing for her not like the guy with the dark heart who went with sharapova

·
Registered
569 Posts

Calm down dear, if you read the quote he said he was fine during his matches
It's not the reason he lost to Physicalcrisisovic

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

As far as I remember it wasn't Murray who called MTO in the SF...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts