Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Murray, like Kournikova, is getting an enormous amount of hype because of his pretty face and fabulous legs. For his inflated ego, it's great for him, however I'm worried expectations will always be too high for him.
He already reached an ATP final; only the greatest player of all time (well, for now, Andy might have that title in a couple of years) was able to stop the Murray Machine. And people talk about this like if it was nothing special. Even if he wins Wimbledon, people will question whether he can win it 2 times. I think Andy is in a no-win situation, no matter how great his accomplishments are, there's always people who'll question the Murray greatness.

Grrr!

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Paul Banks said:
Ok, so Murray, like Kournikova, is getting an enormous amount of hype because of his pretty face and fabulous legs. For his inflated ego, it's great for him, however I'm worried expectations will always be too high for him.
He already reached an ATP final; only the greatest player of all time (well, for now, Andy might have that title in a couple of years) was able to stop the Murray Machine. And people talk about this like if it was nothing special. Even if he wins Wimbledon, people will question whether he can win it 2 times. I think Andy is in a no-win situation, no matter how great his accomplishments are, there's always people who'll question the Murray greatness.

Grrr!
Pretty face and fabulous legs :haha:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Paul Banks said:

Grrr!
Not even with beer goggles, not even with a bag over his head. Euuuuuu.

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
pretty face? :retard:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blowe said:
pretty face? :retard:

we should give him time before we compare him to Kournikova
I'm confident he'll win at least one title and get higher than number 8 in the world.

I've heard scottish dentists want to use Murray teeth as an national example of teeth-greatness.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
evanzo said:
Most of the people bashing Murray are Djokovic fans who are pissed of their guy is looking more and more like a lame duck.

:rolls:

None of the people bashing Murray are Djokovic fans... half of us really like Murray. I would say the inverse is true, that it's Murray fans that insult Djokovic... but oh wait, that's only you.

Reactions: RogiNie

·
Banned
14,727 Posts
I like Murray and Djokovic equally (except maybe Djokovic a little more cuz he really does have a pretty face :drool: )

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
savestheday91 said:
:rolls:

None of the people bashing Murray are Djokovic fans... half of us really like Murray. I would say the inverse is true, that it's Murray fans that insult Djokovic... but oh wait, that's only you.
Ditto :yeah:
I'm beginning to think that evanzo is the love child of Jogy and alexito36 :tape:

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Pretty face??? ... Nice joke! :haha:

·
Registered
14,052 Posts
cut the kid a break.

...and i love how anna is supposed to be some sorta joke or insult to compare to...
i think most people would love to have half the success she has had...maybe not in grand slams but you know her name, and she seems happy so. :ras: :ras:

·
Banned
7,319 Posts
Murray ? Sexy ? Hahaha.

The boy resembles a giraffe, with teeth that look sharp enough to cut wood. He is definitely one hideous character, good thing tennis isn't a beauty pageant. He's a nice young talent, unfortunately players aren't allowed to wear a mask during play. :(

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Murray ? Sexy ? Hahaha.

The boy resembles a giraffe, with teeth that look sharp enough to cut wood. He is definitely one hideous character, good thing tennis isn't a beauty pageant. He's a nice young talent, unfortunately players aren't allowed to wear a mask during play. :(
Myskina: old zombie.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
myskinaLova said:
Murray ? Sexy ? Hahaha.

I just hope you aren't claiming Myskina's teeth are an orthodontic masterpiece! ;)

1 - 20 of 154 Posts