1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,056 Posts
Well yeah just retire at Wimby mate, it’s done

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I heard this on the news late last night. Was said another op and he wouldn't make Wimbledon or the Olympics.

Best case scenario then would be like last year, just comes back at end of the year to play a few 250s. Ultimately though no point sticking around if you can't get your body right for slams.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Sad for Andy, but I don't think anyone expected him back to his old Slamray.
Guess it's time to call it.

·
The special one
13,949 Posts
Yeah this sucks. Should he need surgery then that'll be 3 surgeries in less than a 2 and a half year period. At this stage in his career he's got to think if its worth constantly having to come back only to get reinjured a few months later and going back to square one.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this though and he's good for the grass swing for at least one more Wimbledon run.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I don't think he should risk destroying his hip even more at this point, he will have to live with this hip for the rest of his life, its not worth it if he can't compete for slams.

·
justice for all
12,903 Posts
Sad for Sir Andy but what can you do...

Hopefully he'll be OK for Wimbledon to play the last match of his career in front of his home crowd.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Life is unfair.

It should have been Federer at 31/32 with a career ending hip injury, not Andy Murray. Right before the Wimbledon 2012 final. It would have been Murrays title and Federer could have retired at 16, where he belonged to be.

Federer won everything and enough of it at that point. Murray had stuff to win.

·
justice for all
12,903 Posts
Life is unfair.

It should have been Federer at 31/32 with a career ending hip injury, not Andy Murray. Right before the Wimbledon 2012 final. It would have been Murrays title and Federer could have retired at 16, where he belonged to be.

Oh, so you wish an injury to a player. How classy.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Life is unfair.

You seem like a delightful person.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh, so you wish an injury to a player. How classy.
Excuse me ? You read above the lines, your terrible thoughts. You put them right in where there was nothing like that. Your provocation is very classy.

I discussed an appropriate allocation of a career ending injury. No one should deal with such injuries but as we know they came and sadly in this case also for Andrew Murray but not for Federer who won basically everything he could at that point. Murray was hungry and in peak form when it happened. You surely follow me on that one. No wishes for injury. Makes me angry that you might have thought for a second I would have wanted it badly for the old - better sooner then later to retire - Suisse.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You seem like a delightful person.
Thank you Tezza12. appreciate your assumption. Next time you could leave me a like as well to make such a statement a little bit more believable. But I hope I you know have a clearer image with my post above, reacting to guitarra's desperate provocation.

·
justice for all
12,903 Posts
Excuse me ? You read above the lines, your terrible thoughts. You put them right in where there was nothing like that. Your provocation is very classy.

I discussed an appropriate allocation of a career ending injury. No one should deal with such injuries but as we know they came and sadly in this case also for Andrew Murray but not for Federer who won basically everything he could at that point. Murray was hungry and in peak form when it happened. You surely follow me on that one. No wishes for injury. Makes me angry that you might have thought for a second I would have wanted it badly for the old - better sooner then later to retire - Suisse.
It's simpler to say: "I'm sorry" than to go deeper into the hole.
That's what you said, dude:

(...)
It should have been Federer at 31/32 with a career ending hip injury, (...).
If that's not wishing an injury to a player then I don't know what is...

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I heard this on the news late last night. Was said another op and he wouldn't make Wimbledon or the Olympics.

Best case scenario then would be like last year, just comes back at end of the year to play a few 250s. Ultimately though no point sticking around if you can't get your body right for slams.
Id see no problem sticking around to play smaller events if what he likes is the sport, not just the glory but thats just me

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Only he knows how his body feels but he has to ask himself, if it's worth it anymore. After being out so long of the game, it's hard to imagine he will be back in the top to compete for the biggest titles.

I wish him the best whatever he decides to do.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's simpler to say: "I'm sorry" than to go deeper into the hole.
That's what you said, dude:

If that's not wishing an injury to a player then I don't know what is...
I'm sorry for your wrong take / reading on that.

You do not follow the law of context here. You just took my message out of context and judged it the way PiS would do.

The context is an already existing career ending injury as a law, something set or drawn and not removable. That was the logic my claim followed.
Hope you got it now. No wish for an injury per se where none was but considering the situation where an injury was inevitable.

·
justice for all
12,903 Posts
I'm sorry for your wrong take / reading on that.

You do not follow the law of context here. You just took my message out of context and judged it the way PiS would do.

The context is an already existing career ending injury as a law, something set or drawn and not removable. That was the logic my claim followed.
Hope you got it now. No wish for an injury per se where none was but considering the situation where an injury was inevitable.
OK, if no bad intentions were involved then it's fine. I take away my accusations.
You maybe should have worded it differently though.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Where are now all the people who touted Andy for future slam success after he won Antwerp last year, while slamming those predicting a bleak future ?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quite unfortunate, seems like a difficult decision to make due to the timing of everything. Keep playing with the bone growth and risk it getting larger, thus forcing him into surgery and causing him to potentially miss Wimbledon/Olympics...or get the surgery now and get the 6-8 week rehab out of the way, which has all the usual risks of having surgery and also the risk of another bone growth occurring anyway.

Although it doesn't seem like the growth itself stops him from playing, and his body might adjust to it. Hopefully that's the case, but if it's going to be a recurring issue...it's going to be a struggle to continue to play on tour. Wishing Murray all the best.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts