Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rescuing a dog will have that effect on people—and that's just what Murray did. He literally stopped traffic, stepping out into it, to aid a tagged pup he would later find out actually lopes around London with two of his own.

"I was driving to practice and there was a dog running along the road,” he told BBC Radio Five Live. “I parked the car and got out and tried to stop the traffic because the dog was running towards the oncoming traffic. I ran into the road, stopped the traffic and I managed to get the dog onto the back seat of my car."

“Then I drove to the place where all of the people walk their dogs, which is literally just round the corner. I called the number on the tag and amazingly my two dogs walk with that dog quite a lot. So when I met the owner she said, “we know your dogs.” She was happy I picked it up."

This good Samaritan act can only raise Murray’s already-lofty standing in both the English and canine communities. He’s so famous that his dog has her own Twitter account with 27,000 followers.

Maggie May @maggiemay_hem

Good evening. And no I won't get off your pillow.
10:20 PM - 5 Jan 2014

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
after female rights, LGBT and PETA, now he needs to plant a few trees and the Nobel is in the pocket.

well done OBE, a true role model :yeah:

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Murray is getting some tonight. :yeah:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh, that was brilliant from Andy to do that. I'm very happy to support him.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
What a man. What a humanitarian. What a champion of the people. PRray :bigclap: :bigcry:

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
That's very nice! :) :dog: :hug:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Alternate news story: "Defending Champion Andrew Murray tragically killed while running through traffic on the opening day of Wimbledon"

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
He's such a softie. I love it. :awww:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He's a great guy. If people dislike him as a player than fair enough, but you can't say he's not a good bloke.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts