Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Dailymail's Mike Dickson:
Andy Murray is set to confirm that he will be continuing his groundbreaking coaching arrangement with Amelie Mauresmo, despite his untimely quarter final exit from Wimbledon earlier this month.

Murray is more than a week into his mid-season training block in Miami and the 35 year-old former women’s number one has joined him as he prepares for next month’s hard court events leading into the U.S Open.

He is likely to end speculation by announcing in the next few days that their relationship will carry on after an initial spell working together during the four-week grass court season.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2703271/Andy-Murray-joined-coach-Amelie-Mauresmo-mid-season-training-Miami.html

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
:facepalm:

' I set to confirm, that I will be lazying off , so I don't do any intense training and just relax and play my PS4 and football'

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
It's over. The guy might as well hang up his thighs.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This is awesome news! Why are people disappointed? People should applaud Andy a young straight man that is a FEMINIST! This is great! I am so happy for Andy and Amelie he feels she will help his game and he likes her. I think this is the most important thing Andy has made it firm and loud that he likes Amelie. A pupil and a player need to get along in order for things to work.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
People are too fucking quick to write this thing off. Let's see what's going on. Besides, a coach can only do so much, really, it's down to the player, on court, to see what's going on.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
People are too fucking quick to write this thing off. Let's see what's going on. Besides, a coach can only do so much, really, it's down to the player, on court, to see what's going on.
This is true people NEED to just be patient. We know Andy is better than number 10 in the world. People need to be patient and let Amelie Mauresmo work her feminist power and she will get Murray into the top 5 soon.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
The problem isnt Mauresmo. Is Andy.

Nobody can take him further then Lendl. And that was a good partnership. Not sayinh he wont win anything he still has talent.
But mentally he doesnt have the stomach to overcome straight looses like Rafa.

WTF doesnt look that promising.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The only thing Murray gains from this is to have more female fans.
If he had to hire a female coach, he should have tried for Navratilova or even Monic seles might have been a good choice.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The problem isnt Mauresmo. Is Andy.

Nobody can take him further then Lendl. And that was a good partnership. Not sayinh he wont win anything he still has talent.
But mentally he doesnt have the stomach to overcome straight looses like Rafa.

WTF doesnt look that promising.
Your statement is IGNORANT. You are too not being patient. You need to be patient and Andy's results will get better. Andy needs Amelie he feels she is the right woman to help him get his tennis together. Just be patient.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:spit: RIP Andy

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
:facepalm:

Splitting with Lendl was the dumbest decision of Murray's life. The only good thing about his coaching arrangement with Mauresmo is that its certain failure will totally discredit the idea of women coaching men.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Honestly, I'm glad Muzza is sticking to his guns. He isn't some Premier league chairman to be switching coaches every friggin' month. He knows it'll take more than a few months for the pair to gel. He's a clever professional athlete- not some rich oil mining dumbass.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
This is awesome news! Why are people disappointed? People should applaud Andy a young straight man that is a FEMINIST! This is great! I am so happy for Andy and Amelie he feels she will help his game and he likes her. I think this is the most important thing Andy has made it firm and loud that he likes Amelie. A pupil and a player need to get along in order for things to work.
:spit:

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
And here was me thinking the one good thing about his diabolical grass season would be the swift termination of this nonsense :facepalm:...

1 - 20 of 98 Posts