Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Head Ova heels for Maria

ANDY MURRAY says he has big reasons to join the elite of world tennis — and one of them includes a night with a leggy blonde.

The British ace, ranked outside the top 400 at the start of the year, is about to enter the top 100.

But Murray is aiming much higher, both on the rankings front and also on the women-chasing side of things.

The teenager, who has received marriage proposals and thongs through the post, said: “I want to get into the top 10 — and maybe then I can get a date with Maria Sharapova!

“Certainly, it is good news that I’ll soon break into the world’s top 100.

“That was always an aim of mine at the start of the year and now it has come a few months early.

“It will also mean I will qualify automatically for the Australian Open in January, without having to play qualifiers — like I did here.”

Less than a year ago, Murray played John McEnroe in an indoor tournament at Wembley Arena which saw the youngster thrashed 6-1 by the American legend.

McEnroe, who has even practised with Murray here at Flushing Meadows, said: “Andy is looking a lot better. I may have beaten him 6-1 but I reckon he would do that to me now.

“He’s looking stronger every time I see him. He’s a great kid. I have said he will be top 20 within the next year and I’m standing by that.

“He has a natural feel to the game. This is something you just cannot teach.

“He has got a natural feel for movement, for balance and he knows when to pick his shot at the right time.

“He is clever and he will only get better. He is still only 18, after all.”

Britain’s Davis Cup captain Jeremy Bates is delighted with the progression of the youngster from Dunblane.

Bates said: “He loves the challenges and playing against the big names is something he wants to do regularly. I am sure he will. Andy is a quick learner.”
:ras:

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
:haha: Maria:eek: better take Golovin:drool:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
lol, I wonder if he was not joking

·
Registered
17,160 Posts
:haha: :haha:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
It's completely legitimate to say he wants to be a top 10 players. It can't be his goal to stick around at 100, 50 or something like that.

But as for dating Sharapova......... I can only laugh and it was probably a joke anyway (I hope) ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
:lol: - talking about taste, why not Mirza ;)

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
Well Maroon 5's lead singer hasn't made the top 10 and he's apparently in with a chance!

Of course he can aim for top 10, but he MUST sort his fitness out ASAP. I think he can do well in the indoor season, the surface suits him and they are three setters.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Doesn't Andy know that Maria is dating with Maroon5's singer?! :rolleyes:

Federer_Express said:
:haha: Maria:eek: better take Golovin:drool:
I agree! Tati is better than Maria :drool:
But Tati would rather date with Prince William than with stupid Andy...

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
willrock said:
Doesn't Andy know that Maria is dating with Maroon5's singer?! :rolleyes:

I agree! Tati is better than Maria :drool:
But Tati would rather date with Prince William than with stupid Andy...

Well maybe she's playing off Maroon 5 singer and Roddick, so I'm sure a third option might appeal LOL.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Andy's not stupid.:eek::fiery:

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
Well maybe she's playing off Maroon 5 singer and Roddick, so I'm sure a third option might appeal LOL.
Perhaps they're heading for a threesome :haha:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts