Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most men like to be pushed hard in training or warm-ups against a physical hitting partner [or even two]. But Murray likes to work on the subtleties as well: “She [Mauresmo] warmed me up for my matches [in Canada]. I hit with her once in Miami, once at Wimbledon."

Hmm, what gives? Hits with Mauresmo in match warm ups, then has to play someone like Tsonga?

I guess if he is practicing overheads, it doesn't matter so much who hits it to his overhead...

source

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
this mug has finally a coach that can match his forehand power, they both belong to WTA.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be fair, I heard Federer also hit with his coach in warmups in Cincinnati.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
He hit with Janowicz before his Isner match, he hits with other players plus Dani the majority of time, but no, he hits with Mauresmo once or twice to practice varierty shots and it makes MTF headlines.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is the Andy Murray - Serena Williams match in Las Vegas at the end of the year still on?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
its his coach, so not unexpected at all :facepalm:

PS: op writting murray "revealed" this :spit:

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
masterclass once again revealing he knows shit about tennis :lol:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, I have to admit I always practiced and warmed up prior to matches with men.

But since I was playing against men, I figured it was the right thing to do to prepare best for matches.

Tried to find players similar to my upcoming opponent in warm ups.

In practice tried to find players that were somewhere near my ability or hit against two if not.

But sure, if I were going to play against women for a lark, I wouldn't have a problem practicing with them.
But not too often...

Of course, different strokes for different folks. :shrug:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts
And why is this a problem?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yep, I have to admit I always practiced and warmed up prior to matches with men.

But since I was playing against men, I figured it was the right thing to do to prepare best for matches.

Tried to find players similar to my upcoming opponent in warm ups.

In practice tried to find players that were somewhere near my ability or hit against two if not.

But sure, if I were going to play against women for a lark, I wouldn't have a problem practicing with them.
But not too often...

Of course, different strokes for different folks. :shrug:

Respectfully,
masterclass
So what was the point of posting this stupid "story" then? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts