1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
He's the 7 seed. There are 2 higher seeds playing tomorrow and then you have the frenchmen Monfils, and Gasquet. It makes complete sense

Raonic is 1 seed lower and played on court 3 today. Cry me a river.

If he wants to play on PC and SL then he should play a little better and not be downright dreadful on clay and in general this season compared to how he has played in the past.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
He's the 7 seed. There are 2 higher seeds playing tomorrow and then you have the frenchmen Monfils, and Gasquet. It makes complete sense

If he wants to play on PC and SL then he should play a little better and not be downright dreadful on clay and in general this season compared to how he has played in the past.

With those facts it makes sense. It would be worst if he was in court 2 or 3. But its not a big match so someone has to play.

·
Registered
14,394 Posts

I have to agree here. Nadal vs. Thiem and Frenchie Gasquet are fine on CC and defending finalist Ferrer and Monfils are getting SL over Murray.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
What is wrong with MTF? It's the third biggest court FFS and he's not Nadal in RG.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should be in the car park :)
:lol:

Doesn't matter!!. Murray is the bigger star and a 2 time slam champ and I'm not even a murray fan

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
:lol:

Doesn't matter!!. Murray is the bigger star and a 2 time slam champ and I'm not even a murray fan
his wimbledon and US Open titles don't mean shit here. Nadal obvious will get PC. Ferrer has more RG finals. And obviously the 2 seeded frenchmen will get dibs on a big court over him. They always do.

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

There is a difference though. Nobody comes to RG in order to see Raonic.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It's Roland Garros...
Obviously the priority will be given to last year finalist, eight time champion and two popular french players.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Not at RG, he isn't, and this is RG. You do realize that the scheduling of courts is primarily about satsifying those buying tickets for those courts, right? While the organizer will show some respect for the standing of players, it is not their main concern. They will not insult a player by putting him on a really inadequate court, and I don't remember any slam organizer failing in that respect, but the diva status that some MTF posters give certain players is unrealistic on so many levels I'm at a loss for words. What's worse, I doubt any of the players have such concerns.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts
Why has this suddenly become a thing on MTF?
If your favorite plays on a more prestigious court than another player it means you have a bigger penis than his fans.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
his wimbledon and US Open titles don't mean shit here. Nadal obvious will get PC. Ferrer has more RG finals. And obviously the 2 seeded frenchmen will get dibs on a big court over him. They always do.
I don't think anyone doubts that. The surprise is that you are trying to compare the star power of Murray to that of Raonic.:rolleyes:

Something no-one has mentioned is that Murray's match is followed by the Heather Watson match. It's likely that the British media asked that their matches don't overlap, so putting them on the same court was an easy solution. That and the huge number of French players and Nadal etc.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts