Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Congrats! Good fight from Murray the whole tournament, and has been quite aggressive on his clay game (until this Monfils match -- he should go back and remember what he did against Kohli or Verdasco, as he could have a chance against Nadal IMO). He's now back in the so called Big Four circle with a Stan filling at the middle. :lol:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice to see Andy back where he belongs.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
:yeah:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Good to see. His position is precarious, with everyone above and below him with much more room to gain during the grass season, but he should enjoy it for now.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Tennis loses

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Upwards and onwards! Congrats Andy :D

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he will be out of top 5 after wimbledon anyway

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Unfortunately can only lose points in the grass season... but it gives him a good platform to start gaining in the latter half of the year. Hoping for a strong USO and Asian swing from him.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I doubt he'll remain there for long but really, I'd be surprised if he finishes outside the top 8 this year. Let's say he wins Queen's and reaches the Wimbledon semis, that's nearly another 1000 points. Got basically nothing to defend after Wimbledon either so he should be fine.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hopefully not too long now until he reclaims his rightful top 3 ranking that was so unfairly taken from him by injury.

·
23,063 Posts
Unfortunately can only lose points in the grass season... but it gives him a good platform to start gaining in the latter half of the year. Hoping for a strong USO and Asian swing from him.
If Clayray reached the Semis I am not sure why he can't try to win again -- just needs to be on his game, and he seems to be stabilizing a little.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Murray doesn't have the fitness to win Wimbledon

can see him doing damage in the USO series onwards though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts