Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if Andy feels like it, he can win back to back TMS. his draw open up tremendously. Moya's out, Agassi withdrew, the only top 8 seed left in his section of the draw is Coria, who will pretty much lose to Tim Henman, if not to someone else. go Andy go:bounce:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Andy, aaaaaaaaaahhh wooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

...whatever that means, haha

·
Registered
278 Posts
Go Andy!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
C'mon Andy, accomplish the difficult task of winning back to back Masters.

lol @ "if Andy feels like it, he can win back to back TMS" ...if it was only that easy

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
I love it when those in denial have to accept he's
won more quality matches than anyone else.
He doesn't have to play in 50 places to have a
high ranking! I hope he doesn't get too stressed
out by expectations and outside distractions...ahem...you know what I mean.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Coria didn't lose to Henman. But, well, maybe he's not as good as on clay. Yes, I agree, the draw's looking pretty good.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Andy could make the final. Schalken has beaten him in the past, but I think the last time they played, Andy won pretty handily. Also Ljubicic has beaten him as well, but I think if Andy is still in Canada form, he should come through that section.

I guess we should wait and see how it pans out, but I like his chances. If he can somehow go 11-1 in Canada and Cincinatti, that would be incredible.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
I'd rather he make an early exit here as long as he wins the US Open. But of course he's gonna make at least the semis here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Andy def. Verdasco 6-3 6-2

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice thrashing of Ljubicic which could have been a tricky match....

BLAKE also could be tricky but Andy should win :D

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
The way James has been playing the last two rounds, especially the way he played against Sjeng, James could trouble Andy. Andy should win as long as he continues to be solid and steady from the backcourt and not make loose errors.

·
Banned
9,580 Posts
James has to run real fast and return that serve.
You know what happens when James exhausts himself.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I know James will lose! Sometimes you see players and you're like, uh oh, but then when they step up to the plate, it's like they forgot how to play or they are no match for today's opponent as opposed to yesterday. Unless Andy freaks out because he's playing his good friend, there is no reason why he shouldn't kick his lil' 2-year Harvard, Rasta ass!

Oh, my, I am sorry, did I say that... surely I didn't mean any of that :devil:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Surely not!

It's amazing for me to have a player I like actually doing well :eek:

It's an unusual sensation, let me tell you...

·
Registered
278 Posts
C'mon Andy!!

Win the title!!

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
James will chip and charge on Andy whenever he can is my guess. Andy might want to keep his passing shots in good order. ;) He played pretty well against Ivan today.

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Andy defeats James 7-6(2) 6-2.

James looked amazing in the first set and was threatening Andy's serve a lot. I thought James was gonna win the tiebreaker cuz he was holding his own service games a lot easier.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Nah, Blake had no shot in the tiebreaker, but I thought he would win the set before that. He was outplaying Andy. Blake, however, gets really anxious in situations resembling tiebreaks.

Anyway, great smart play from Andy. Well fought and won. :)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts