Mens Tennis Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Like I stated in another thread, of all the top players, Fed is the one most reliant on fans who jeer, heckle & distract his opponents like no other fanbase. He should probably donate a nice % of his earnings to them. With that said, the gravity he carries in the tennis world should not b underestimated so what he says often affects the rest of ATP (often economically) so my best advice for him would b to keep his mouth shut during this pandemic crisis & secretly hope it wipes out rest of the season if he’s still recuperating in order to preserve his records.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I do not know this Harris, but what is certain is that Federer has something else to do at this stage of his career, at his age, with a large family and multiple activities than playing in front of empty stands. ..

He is still on the circuit to have, give emotions and happiness to the public. I don't even know why, we compare their 2 repositories and player path ... or why we took this Harris out of his hole, to tell the truth as evidence of "selfishness" of Federer ..

That said, I hope Harris can quickly play again on the challengers circuit with empty stands to continue his career and motivation to pursue it serenely without having to "suck the salt" concerning Federer's road.

·
Registered
12,611 Posts
I do not know this Harris, but what is certain is that Federer has something else to do at this stage of his career, at his age, with a large family and multiple activities than playing in front of empty stands. ..

He is still on the circuit to have, give emotions and happiness to the public. I don't even know why, we compare their 2 repositories and player path ... or why we took this Harris out of his hole, to tell the truth as evidence of "selfishness" of Federer ..

That said, I hope Harris can quickly play again on the challengers circuit with empty stands to continue his career and motivation to pursue it serenely without having to "suck the salt" concerning Federer's road.
All of us posting here are nobodies. If it's like this we can just shut down all forums.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Like I stated in another thread, of all the top players, Fed is the one most reliant on fans who jeer, heckle & distract his opponents like no other fanbase. He should probably donate a nice % of his wealth to them. With that said, the gravity he carries in the tennis world should not b underestimated so what he says often affects the rest of ATP (often economically) so my best advice for him would b to keep his mouth shut during this pandemic crisis & secretly hope it wipes out rest of the season if he’s still recuperating in order to preserve his records.
While Djokovic always embarrassingly tries to motivate to crowd cheering for him more after he won an “epic” point...
Federer’s entire career is built on distractions from the crowd, while those loud obnoxious Serbian groups of tards are the most innocent beings on earth. Stop talking so much garbage.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Ha, those “loud” Serb’s r as rare as they come & due to being from a small country w/ such little exposure, r more proud of their Balkan sports stars than the more spoiled western Euro fans could ever b. That’s not a knock on western oriented athletes & their fans, just a fact of contemporary sporting cultures but you’re certainly on the mark regarding distractions from the Swiss’ fanbase esp. in the latter half of his career.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked into the background of Andrew Harris a little as well.

This is the harsh reality of life.

Harris turned professional nine years ago.

He has never been in the top 200 for singles or doubles.

He would never have been in a Grand Slam tournament, either singles or doubles, without a wildcard. If he wasn't Australian, the only visit he would have made to a Slam would have been as a spectator.

He has never won a singles tournament on the Challenger Tour.

Apart from his one match at the Australian Open, for which he was given a wildcard, I can't see any evidence that he's ever played a match on the main tour. So his lifetime record on the ATP Tour is 0-1.

He is no doubt a very good tennis player, but he's not good enough to play for a living.

He'd make more money flipping burgers, and he's not too good for it because plenty of people do this right now.

I was a decent tennis player, but I knew I wasn't good enough for the professional game, so I got good at something else. That's what Harris will need to do if he ever wants to have his own residence, or achieve anything in life.

Sorry, Andrew, that's just the way it is.
If you're going to make a long post of drivel, at least get the most basic facts right. He turned professional in June 2017. Considering this year is a wash, that's two and half years. You were only off by 6 and a half years. Good try.

·
Premium Member
8,678 Posts
Like I stated in another thread, of all the top players, Fed is the one most reliant on fans who jeer, heckle & distract his opponents like no other fanbase. He should probably donate a nice % of his wealth to them. With that said, the gravity he carries in the tennis world should not b underestimated so what he says often affects the rest of ATP (often economically) so my best advice for him would b to keep his mouth shut during this pandemic crisis & secretly hope it wipes out rest of the season if he’s still recuperating in order to preserve his records.
In case it isn't obvious for Serbians pushing lovers like yourself already Federer is the sole reason why the prize money has increased so much since 2003 onward, because people love to see his aesthetic game and jaw dropping tennis, one of the biggest benefactors of this has been none other than the boring Serbian pusher. Frankly speaking Pushervak is one of the biggest reasons why some tennis fans have stopped watching the sport, due to his vomit inducing pushing from side to side to draw embarrassing errors from opponents while having the personality of a deluded guy.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
What’s not “obvious” to u is i’m neither Serbian nor Balkan or backer of them but an appreciator of tennis players who slay ‘GOAT’s w/ the ability to combine athleticism w/ tennis acumen & not have to resort to ballerina skills (speaking of “boring” & obsolete) in order to reach 17 majors & hopefully no. 18 will b at the next HC major to once & for all reign supreme on that surface. Unfortunately for Swiss ‘GOAT’, tennis has evolved into a predominantly lateral movement game (speaking of “side to side”) so those who have adapted to those skills & moved beyond S&V r those who go farther.

·
Registered
814 Posts
If you're going to make a long post of drivel, at least get the most basic facts right. He turned professional in June 2017. Considering this year is a wash, that's two and half years. You were only off by 6 and a half years. Good try.
These are his performances before 'turning professional':

Harris' first appearance in a professional tournament was at the Australia F7 in September 2011, where he made the quarter final before losing to Alex Bolt.

Harris lost in round 1 of the 2012 Australian Open qualification to Denys Molchanov, before competing in three Future tournaments in Australia. His best result being a quarter final in Australia F4 in March where he retired whilst playing Maverick Banes. Harris played only one more tournament in 2012, the Great Britain F10 in July, where he lost in the second round.

Harris successfully returned to competition in May 2013, where he made the final of the Thailand F2, losing to Saketh Myneni of India. The following week, he made the semi-final of the Thailand F3, losing to fellow Australian Adam Feeney in straight sets. Throughout June and July, Harris competed in Futures throughout Europe, his best performance being a quarter-final in Belgium F4, before winning his first title in Texas at the USA F27 against Dennis Nevolo.

Harris retired from round 1 of the qualification for the 2014 Brisbane International before competing in the Men's qualifying of the 2014 Australian Open, where he made round 2. Harris didn't play again until June, where he played in 5 futures in the USA. The best result was at the F17 in Oklahoma City, where he was runner-up to Jared Donaldson.

Harris commenced the 2015 season at the Onkaparinga Challenger, where he qualified and registered his first challenger main draw win, defeating Hiroki Moriya 7–5, 6–1. He made it to the semi final, before losing to Marcos Baghdatis. This increased Harris' ATP ranking 157 places to a career high of No.497. Harris made the second round of Australian Open qualifying. This was the last match Harris played for almost 2 years.
These are his performances since 'turning professional':

In January 2017, Harris returned to tennis gaining a wild card into the 2017 Canberra Challenger. He defeated Thomas Fancutt in round 1, before losing to Jan-Lennard Struff in a close 3-set match. Harris didn't play again until June 2017 on the ITF Futures circuit in USA. In July, he lost in qualifying rounds of two Canadian Challenger events. In September, Harris returned to Australia and won his second ITF title at Toowoomba in October.

Harris spend the 2018 year on the ITF Futures and ATP Challenger Circuits across Australia and United States of America. His best performances were semi final results at Launceston in February, Australia F4 in March, USA F19 in July and USA F23 in August.

2019: First Challenger finals, ATP top 200
In February, Harris reached his first ATP Challenger Tour final at Chennai Open Challenger. The result led to a career-high ranking.[2] In May, Harris reached the final of Busan Challenger, further improving his ranking.[3] In August, Harris lost in the first round of 2019 US Open – Men's Singles Qualifying.

2020: Grand Slam debut
Harris was awarded a wildcard into the 2020 Australian Open, where he lost in straight sets to 8th seed Matteo Berrettini.
I really don't see much difference between the two.

·
Registered
21,441 Posts
Federer is a thug who relies on hooliganism to win matches

·
Registered
21,441 Posts
Also wasn’t it mainly Federer’s idea to donate for lower ranked players during the lock down because they can’t earn prize money?

very arrogant, much selfish, wow
No that was Djokovic, amazing how you can make stuff like that up :ROFLMAO:

81 - 95 of 95 Posts