Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Lol, tweet already deleted apparently.

But it's world #204 Andrew Harris calling Roger Federer selfish just because world #204 Andrew Harris is too stupid to realise that without crowds he would have no income at all, because literally nobody wants to watch world #204 Andrew Harris play on television.
That being said

He is a showboat who only cares about showing off. No fans means no showing off. In fairness at his age he no longer needs money

But his comment might be seen aa danger with tournaments potentially listening to him. Which would keep other players out of work.

Would not surprise me if its a tactic to protect record.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
That being said

He is a showboat who only cares about showing off. No fans means no showing off. In fairness at his age he no longer needs money

But his comment might be seen aa danger with tournaments potentially listening to him. Which would keep other players out of work.

Would not surprise me if its a tactic to protect record.
If the other players want to play in empty venues, to a TV audience of 4 people, for a fee of 20 pence, there is nothing stopping them.

But the only selfish person is Andrew Harris, who wants to rush back before it's safe.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
If the other players want to play in empty venues, to a TV audience of 4 people, for a fee of 20 pence, there is nothing stopping them.

But the only selfish person is Andrew Harris, who wants to rush back before it's safe.
Why would you think price be smaller?? Sponsors pay the prize money/staff fees...ticket prices are profit often.

Sponsors prob sponsor for tv not for live fans. As only x amount watch live but many watch on tv.

I dont think live fans effect tournament money at all mate.

I dont blame Fed....he has big family...has played for ages...dont need money....longer off the better for him

But

I understand Harris point, thats all. He should mind his own buisness though

Reactions: Xristos

·
Registered
701 Posts
Lol, tweet already deleted apparently.

But it's world #204 Andrew Harris calling Roger Federer selfish just because world #204 Andrew Harris is too stupid to realise that without crowds he would have no income at all, because literally nobody wants to watch world #204 Andrew Harris play on television.
Be quiet.

Such arrogance to reduce Harris importance due to his rank which is pretty good overall. 204 is tough and respectful competition. But nothing new here. Its fans walk in its dirty footsteps.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Why would you think price be smaller?? Sponsors pay the prize money/staff fees...ticket prices are profit often.Sponsors prob sponsor for tv not for live fans. As only x amount watch live but many watch on tv.
I'm really just saying that the likes of Harris ride on the coat-tails of higher-ranked players anyway.

It's Federer's business whether he thinks that returning without spectators is jumping the gun. He has a family to think of.

The same goes for Rafa and Novak and Domi: If they want to wait until the situation improves, that's their prerogative.

But make no mistake: The top players generate 99% of the TV revenue. Andrew Harris personally generates 0.000000000001%.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What do you want me to judge his importance by? His contribution to world peace?
Wrong question (He peaked at 160 last year). He is qualified as a professional tennis player to be treated the same and not defiled by his ranking position.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts

stop labeling people so quickly. you trying to put everyone in a box. just let andrew harris want to make a living.

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Both players are simply advocating for their own interests. Well, I don't know if Harris is actually advocating anything, but he's probably less interested in having an audience than the opportunity to earn prize money, and for Federer it's obviously the other way around.

·
Your visions will happen
47,290 Posts
I see no lies

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Mirka striking again, she'd rather abolish Tennis than letting Roger's records slip away. Harris not saying anything we didn't already know.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I understand Federer wanting to play in partially filled stadiums, but I do believe we should find ways to bring tennis back safely and soon and if a period of no crowds is necessary then Im all for it. The question of prize money of course is interesting as presumably there would have to be drastic reductions all round.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thank you for your honesty and for having the courage and bravery to say what you did, Andrew Harris. You said it best: Federer is a very selfish man who does not care about his colleagues. Federer is trying to influence the tours into keep everything shut for his own personal benefit; however, it will not succeed. Roland Garros, for instance, cared so little about him or his Laver Cup exhibition that they forced its cancellation by scheduling Roland Garros at the same time as the Laver Cup 😂 You go, Roland Garros!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
These poor lower ranked players. My heart bleeds for them. It aches with pain. Their livelihoods are at stake, and the most powerful tennis player in the sport is only thinking about himself and wanting the tour to do things for his own personal benefit. My heart utterly breaks for these lower ranked players.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts