Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good performance from Seppi building on from his Gstaad form and winning another TB.

As usual had the lapse in the 2nd set, but the turning point was at the start of the 3rd set where JCF had break point chances and couldn't convert, and then Seppi broke Ferrero in the next game.

Good he beat his childhood hero again.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Re: Andreas Seppi defeats Juan Carlos Ferrero 7-6 4-6 6-2 in Kitzbuhel

Good performance from Seppi building on from his Gstaad form and winning another TB.

As usual had the lapse in the 2nd set, but the turning point was at the start of the 3rd set where JCF had break point chances and couldn't convert, and then Seppi broke Ferrero in the next game.

Good he beat his childhood hero again.
Really? Maybe because they share the same birthday.

Anyway it was another good match from Seppi. JCF's attitude disappoints again. He never looked like he was up for a fight and the crowd seemed to really affect him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him end 2007 the same way he did 2006.

·
Banned
18,599 Posts

nice going mosquito.
you are back to being number one for sure

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Really? Maybe because they share the same birthday.

Anyway it was another good match from Seppi. JCF's attitude disappoints again. He never looked like he was up for a fight and the crowd seemed to really affect him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him end 2007 the same way he did 2006.
From the ATP profile of Seppi.

Idol growing up was Juan Carlos Ferrero. I have seen them hit with each other quite a few times.

Seppi has a lot of support and don't forget he is a German speaker as his 1st language, so he has some fans and he played a good match, well the 3rd set espeically.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

Idol growing up was Juan Carlos Ferrero. I have seen them hit with each other quite a few times.

Seppi has a lot of support and don't forget he is a German speaker as his 1st language, so he has some fans and he played a good match, well the 3rd set espeically.
Ah, I didn't know that.

Indeed, according to the ATP site, he comes from Bolzano which is in South Tyrol, making him virtually a local boy.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Ah, I didn't know that.

Indeed, according to the ATP site, he comes from Bolzano which is in South Tyrol, making him virtually a local boy.
It's not a long drive or train trip from Bozen to Kitzbuhel.

Now he has a good chance of making the quarters here as he plays Fognini next.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

I'm gutted that Ferrero lost but well done to Seppi for his victory. His results and performances during Summer claycourt season so far have been hugely encouraging. If he can beat Fognini tomorrow, he'll stand to gain at least 52 ranking points from his exploits this week.
Regarding Ferrero, hopefully he can regroup and put up a better showing at Montreal in two weeks time. His ranking will probably take a hit after he fails to defend all of his points from reaching the Cincy final last year, so he needs a good run at Canada to help soften the blow.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

It's strange cause Ferrero is only four years older than Seppi. I heard Courier was an idol of Ferrero but between these two is 10 years difference.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts

It's strange cause Ferrero is only four years older than Seppi. I heard Courier was an idol of Ferrero but between these two is 10 years difference.
Well, I'm about the same age as Andreas and it hasn't stopped me from supporting JCF. :p

I like this Seppi. He comes from the same region as my godfather.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

Querrey said Roddick is one of his heros.

They are only a few years apart.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts

Seppi :yeah:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,393 Posts

great win and keeping the good streak of the last weeks
interesting match with Fabio tomorrow

·
Registered
8,267 Posts

Oh Juanqui :sad: Shame for him, and 3 sets too, damn him :sad: Well done to Seppi though :)

·
Registered
454 Posts

Kind of an expected result. JCF can lose to pretty much anyone on clay nowadays. His only hope is on the quicker surfaces where the speed of the court will help his now attenuated groundstrokes.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

what the hell is happening with JCF on clay?

it seems that he's now a hard and grass player...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts

:sad:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts