·
Registered
584 Posts
Unfortunately, probably...

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Let me go over this so it's clear :)

Hewitt had 4630 to begin the week. With the siebel points off he would have 4455 (4630-175).
However, since you are allowed 5 optional events towards your ranking his Indionapolis points (25) are added on in place of the Siebel points. So his total for Monday would* be 4630-175+25= 4480

Andre had 4395 to begin the week. With last years finalist points off he'll have 4275 (4375-120). So if he wins the title he'll have 4450 points altogether.

Which points Agassi would* be 30 points behind Hewitt.

*However, there is a catch. Siebel was played a week earlier last year. Hewitt's points won't come off untill NEXT Monday. So after next week, it's interesting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Noooo, I don't like it if Andre is nr1 :sad: [/B]

Just waýt, be patýent and you wýll see the dýfference between these 2 guys . . .

:bounce: :drool: :rolleyes: :p :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Andres playýng performance wýth a volley style Im sure he wýll surpass the play of Lleyton Hewýtt . . .

I know that Hewýtt has a strong, fast and agressýve style ýn terms of servýng and return but hes not so talented as Andres ýs.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
459 Posts
I do not like the idea of fat head Agassi becoming #1! I hope Lleyton does well at Indian Well and in Miami!

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Well, it's a choice between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, really - but let's face it guys, these are the only two to post consistent results throughout the year in Grand Slams and Masters Series events, and they are also the only two recent Slam winners who have managed to win other titles on the Tour as well (Johansson, Costa and Sampras did nothing else of much significance either before or after their triumphs in Melbourne, Paris and New York).

Although it would be irritating, I would quite like Agassi to get there simply to see the youngest ever year-end no. 1 be knocked off the top spot by the oldest ever year-end no. 1. Plus, it would make a refreshing change to hear Hewitt described by presenters and commentators as "the world no. 2, Lleyton Hewitt".

Frankly, in the last few months it's been Agassi who's been playing like the best player in the world, not Hewitt, and he's shown that he has the ability to win the big titles more often than Hewitt - who still has only one TMS title to his name, where Agassi has notched up three in a year and has no points to defend going into Indian Wells this year.

Things could get very close indeed...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah, but it would be so damn irratating if Agassi got #1!!!!!! I'd rather A-rod get it than him, and that is bad! Let's go Lleyton, you can do it!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
470 Posts
All these point calcualtions is a bit confusing to me at present. But neither Agassi nor Hewitt will end up # 1 at seasons end. Simply becos they are not going to play enough events. I predict that Safin, Ferrero or Federer will be # 1 .

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Yup..Andre will end year at #1. You can quote me on that. ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
All these point calcualtions is a bit confusing to me at present. But neither Agassi nor Hewitt will end up # 1 at seasons end. Simply becos they are not going to play enough events. I predict that Safin, Ferrero or Federer will be # 1 .
As much as I would like to agree with you and say that there was no way Agassi would end the year number one; he and Hewitt are the only guys who are safe bets.

Ferrero has done nothing to indicate he can go one level further. On the contrary he's consistently failed when he was the favourite to win.

Federer - well he's done even less than Ferrero; with a more complete game I might add.

Safin - he has the talent, but clearly not the right brain.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah...good point....

Safin's brain is in his pants...unfortunately...
Federer is still mummy's boy at heart...he is still maturing (slowly)
Ferrero....well.... he's just got to be more hungry....he shouldn't have lost that match against Ferreira at AO....altho Ferreira played well....he should have given a better fight tho...

Yeah....maybe you are right....

But I am hoping that 1 of them 3 will grow up this year

·
psychotic banana
15,731 Posts
Awesome4hand said:
Remember that... I will definitely quote you on it Jacko...
good :) I wouldn't have made the comment if I wasn't confident in the statement. ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
hehehe.... I hope he does make it to #1 at seasons end... but my gut feelings tells me that he won't...

anyway...hope your confidence is not misplaced....

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Do Hewitt's points come off next week, or the week after?

And why is it that hewitt's points dont' come off, but Agassi's do? I mean, wouldn't it make sense to leave Agassi's on as long as Hewitts? :confused:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah Lleyton!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Keep that number one spot!

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Agassi can win more big titles?! What?!

So he can win events when Lleyton gets tired out. He can win the Australian Open when half the top players are out or injured. That's not diversity.

Lleyton has won two different grand slams in the last two years. Agassi has won one. That speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts