ANDRE, ANDRE, ANDRE :sad: :sad:

First Davenport, now Agassi.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Blake vs Andre thread??

federer express said:
cant believe some people are pissed cuz he is here instead of nadal...

:yeah: you rule, as much as I want James to win this its sad to see Andre getting killed out there

·
Registered
558 Posts

I'm glad to see James playing so well. I just am always afraid the other shoe will drop and bad James will show up, like the first set against Robredo. Will it be later in this match? Or in the next match if he makes it?

James is hitting return winners off his backhand! This is crazy!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts

asotgod said:
Blake is playing the way Federer plays, just a tad bit faster and more aggressive. So Agassi has to slow down the tempo of the game and try to construct his points better instead of the crosscourt crap he is prone to, or trying to overpower Blake because it wont work.
I agree with you, but I am not seeing the similarity with Fed

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

mishar said:
Agassi looks stunned and confused.
He is not the only one, so are the commentators :lol:

·
Registered
833 Posts

BlackSilver said:
I agree with you, but I am not seeing the similarity with Fed
Blake is pressuring Agassi with the forehand, which Federer does. He is hanging well in the backhand rallies which Federer does, but Blake is even more aggressive on the backhand especially on second serves, which has left Agassi confounded. He is serving well, another thing which Federer does, but he is playing much faster and he is quicker. Now, if only Agassi will slow down the tempo, he will get back in the game but he is trying to play too fast for his own good and to overpower Blake. That's not gonna cut it.

·
Gugaholic
84,778 Posts

SwissMister1 said:
It's past 11 PM, wonder if USA is going to switch away to Law and Order now... :eek:
No, the executive producer of USA network already said that if it was Federer or Agassi the other day (referring to the Ginepri match that they cut off), they will continue coverage.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts

asotgod said:
Blake is pressuring Agassi with the forehand, which Federer does. He is hanging well in the backhand rallies which Federer does, but Blake is even more aggressive on the backhand especially on second serves, which has left Agassi confounded. He is serving well, another thing which Federer does, but he is playing much faster and he is quicker. Now, if only Agassi will slow down the tempo, he will get back in the game but he is trying to play too fast for his own good and to overpower Blake. That's not gonna cut it.
plays very differently from federer....there are obvious similarities (in serve, movement and forehand being major weapons)but the style and thinking behind their games is soooo different

·
Registered
558 Posts

I'm not sure James can keep up this level. I'm not sure what Andre can do when James is serving and returning like this except hang in there.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

Andre da man is about to go down 2 sets, there is no way he is coming back fom this. THe crowd must be pissed, the Lindsay match was more dramatic than this, atleast they held their breath everytime Dementiava served :tape:

·
Registered
193 Posts

Blake is from another planet.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Wow. I don't see anything else but Blake in the finals now. I think the A-Train might have been derailed at the end of that second set. :sad:

·
Registered
833 Posts

federer express said:
plays very differently from federer....there are obvious similarities (in serve, movement and forehand being major weapons)but the style and thinking behind their games is soooo different
Obviously, there are some differences, especially because Federer implements the slice more and has a more spin on his shots, instead of the flat shots by Blake. Some sections of their strategies against Agassi is similar. Blake is just not allowing Agassi to settle into the match.

·
Registered
877 Posts

What game are you guys watching?

"Zen Master" who is said to be able to hit lines AT WILL in practice, is blowing Unforced and Forced ERRORS left and right.... And I've always said Andre needs to have a 2:1 Winner-UR ratio to have a chance against good players playing well.

Blake is playing well, no question, but Agassi is awful - all things considered. If Andre of 2004 USO would have met Andre of 2005 USO, the '04 one would have whooped him worse than Blake is doing now.

21 - 40 of 300 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.