Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sampras won 3-6, 6-3, 10-8 (super tie breaker)
....Sampras continued his strong form into the super tiebreaker, overwhelming Agassi with his powerful serve. Trailing 9-6, Agassi saved two match points — the second with a down-the-line backhand winner — but Sampras served out the match with another ace....

Andre won first set ... but...
how he could loose it then? :(
did some body see it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I saw it. In the first set Andre served extremely well and Pete looked more uptight. Pete seemed to relax in the second set and started to serve better. It was great fun to watch and high level tennis for two retired players. There were some really nice shots from both men. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
So from what I read here, Sampras 10-8 (so tight match) thanks to his aces on a fast court against Agassi, yeah some things never change:eek:
You're right.

I went to bed at 2am and got up at 5am just to watch the match. It's been years since I had to do that to watch the Australian Open. Oh, good old days. :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
The match was alot of fun. Andre didn't play too sharp in the second set. The doubles match was hilarious. Andre made alot of jokes. The whole atmosphere was great. I was sitting in the midst of Sampras fans and kept yelling Andre lol.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Personally I thought the last service game Andre had was horrible. It seems he was in a hurry to get off the court. that's what I feel.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts