Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The news reports that we will have about 1-3 (maybe more) of snow coming to our area.

At 6 this morning, when I checked on school cancellations and learned my school would not be in session, I went to get gas and pay my water bill. It was really, really cold. Even my hands and feet felt its strength as I drove from the gas station to the water company and back home.

Later, when I learned that the snow was heading in about 12:30 or 1pm, I went out to get some grocery shopping done. I think others got the same idea, as the grocery store was filled with shoppers weaving in and out of aisles to get what they needed. It took me a full hour to get what I needed (and then some), then get back here in the warmth.

For now, I am fully stocked for the weekend and well into next week because I am the only one here...and I need my food to stretch as far as my dollar will allow. To that end, I got juice, milk, soup, salad fixings, breakfast food, etc. to keep me going.

I am pretty sure that we will not have school tomorrow, but I'm prepared for that possibility. I don't think we'll have school again until Thursday or Friday. Until then....I'm keeping warm and toasty.

UPDATE: In Bardstown, about 45 minutes away from where I live, 10 lives (6 of which were children) were taken in a house fire.....the cause of which is unknown at this time. Just a couple of weeks ago, a child died in a house fire in another part of the state. Oh, and more house fires....one of them was a commercial property housing a social services office, and two were residential. Again, no definite cause was given.

In our area, the winter blast was so unexpected, unseasonal (if the last four years is anything to go by), and unbearable, that several water main pipelines burst due to the pipes' inability to accommodate the frigid temps. Moreover, several school systems east of here have called off school for the rest of the week.

The city of Lexington, which is twelve miles from where I live, is thisclose to declaring a winter alert, restricting travel in the area unless absolutely necessary.

In the meantime, I'm keeping up with the news for any more updates.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts