Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like in 2019(QF retirement), just like in 2018(SF retirement), just like in 2017, just like in 2016, are we noticing a trend here?

Reactions: Bakano

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Absolutely. This one was really outrageous, Dom arrived to F with 6h play more and 24h rest less than Novak.

So many asterisks on Nole's achievements list...

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Please stop with this, it wasn't about tiredness. Thiem lost it mentally.
Im sure you know of the tight connection between mind and body. Do you know what 6h is? Two friggin matches more!!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Same case as last year RG. Thiem's path is brutal and his service games not easy to shorten points. If there is one part is his serve and 1-2 punch need to improve drastically.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Budadiii's annual ruins . OK I partially agree in this one . Players should do something about that , about FAIRNESS in the slams barring Wimby . Second week should have all the players play on the same day , regardless of us fans having less days of tennis

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Budadiii's annual ruins . OK I partially agree in this one . Players should do something about that , about FAIRNESS in the slams barring Wimby . Second week should have all the players play on the same day , regardless of us fans having less days of tennis
Please no, but I wouldn't be mad with both semis being on Friday at AO

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
... Aint that the case

2017: Waaaaah,mommy mommy it's not fair that Rafa lost from 3-1 up in the 5th.He was tired
2018: Cilic is a mug... Rafa got ripped off against Cilic picking up that injury
2019: Hey I'm sooo sure Rafa will win I'll put up a ban bet if he doesnt... what,he lost??? ... Hold on,wait a second
2020: Rinse and repeat 2017....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Reactions: Djokosmash

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just like in 2019(QF retirement), just like in 2018(SF retirement), just like in 2017, just like in 2016, are we noticing a trend here?
Only the greats have the mental fortitude to get to the finish line when met with a little adversity. We've seen the BIG3 do this on many occasions. This is why they're in the GOAT discussion. Stop making excuses for opponents who will never measure up to these guys. It's disrespectful to the GOATS!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Does anyone know if Novak has been in Thiem's position with regards to playing the Semis a day later in any of his 8 AOs?

For the record. I don't think it's a big deal. Just curious

·
Registered
19,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Please stop with this, it wasn't about tiredness. Thiem lost it mentally.
Thats so stupid it hurts to see.

Have you ever played sports? Do you even know what fatique feels like?

Thiem felt it in the arms. He never got loose on them.

If you don't feel as tidy and free in your strokes, tightness is obviously enhanced by the restricted physical.

1 - 21 of 55 Posts