Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whichever Sky Sports commentator said today before Federer vs Raonic:

I think Novak would prefer playing Roger tomorrow. Raonic is too unpredictable, too many weapons
I admit I didn't watch the match and am basing this thread off a Twitter source, so I'll consider the possibility of it not being real, because seriously how can anyone be paid to comment on tennis while being this clueless about it :facepalm:?

·
Registered
14,332 Posts
Maybe he said it because Novak might want revenge for his past few losses to Federer? Other than that, I can only presume the guy doesn't watch tennis.

·
Registered
27,331 Posts
That guy was probably MIMIC or MaratandMilos.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Don't know who this numpty was but (and maybe this is the wrong thread) but he would seem like a king compared to Andrew Castle who we in the UK have to suffer during Wimbledon. And more alarmingly, was heard doing duties for other channels last year.

If I called him a half-wit, I'd be being generous to him and insulting to half-wits.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Raonic's weapons are so good, he was losing returning games 40-love and 40-15 to Nadal with no hope of a break until the very end of the match with an incredibly lucky lob, and was having lots of problems in his own service games despite having that monster serve at his disposal.

He was actually quite predictable during that match, too. Lost count of how many times he exchanged balls with Nadal in hopes of setting up his FH across the court.

·
Premium Member
62,063 Posts
I can confirm it is real. I heard it too. Not sure who said it, though, was only half paying attention.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I heard it. It came from Leif Shiras who likes to make his predictions out of left field

a few days ago he was leaning towards Sock beating Federer but eventually settled on predicting Fed winning in 3

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard it. It came from Leif Shiras who likes to make his predictions out of left field

a few days ago he was leaning towards Sock beating Federer but eventually settled on predicting Fed winning in 3
It's not so much the contention itself (Djokovic prefering Federer over Raonic) but the reasons given. Raonic too unpredictable and too many weapons when compared to Federer? Amazing how someone can keep a straight face while saying something like this.

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
stopped watching matches on Sky UK but Shiras was more annoying than Rusedski. this says it all

anyway, their whole tennis crew are group of amateurs. though, liked Petchy and Cowan, at least they are Fed tards

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
stopped watching matches on Sky UK but Shiras was more annoying than Rusedski. this says it all
NONONO rusedski is the most disgusting pundit on tv. NO ONE, and i mean no one comes close to that muppet. Croft is awful as well, their coverage is 10 times shitter when she presents instead of buckland.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Whoever said that should be hung high.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts