Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is now confirmed, that Mario Ancic is going to pull out of Australian Open.
The reason is his condition after the illness ( stomach virus) in which he has lost total of 6 kg for a period of one week.

The things today are quite better (his trainer gave an interview) but in no case Mario is going to be ready for 5 sets on the hot Australian sun!

Bad luck is not stopping for the Croat!

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Hopefully Fed is on IV.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
First Federer's stomach virus, then Haas pulls out, then THIS, it's all a bit too much to take in one day...

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Will Mario ever be fit again. :eek:

Get well soon and he deserves better than this luck.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
Fed the next to pull out, imagine if Rafa won it, he would be no.1 no?
If Federer doesn't reaches third round and Nadal wins the AO, Rafa would be no. 1.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Poor Mario :sad: He gets so much bad luck with illness and injuries. Trouble is, once you've had glandular fever, it does weaken the immune system and make you much more susceptible to picking up every virus and infection for a while after. Hope he gets well soon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Damn. :mad:

It's sad that many good players get plagued by injuries and then it's harder for them to get back. But yeah, that's life I guess.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Man. Always with the illnesses. I wonder if the mono he had has permanently weakened his immune system. That is very much not fair. I feel really bad for him.

I hope Roger doesn't have the same thing. The AO has already taken a hit with so many withdrawals...losing the world #1 would be awful

·
Banned
7,774 Posts
Man it seems like just the other day Mario was a 19 year old taking out federer at Wimbledon and now he is almost 24 and hasnt done much since. Poor guy with his bad luck

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
If Federer doesn't reaches third round and Nadal wins the AO, Rafa would be no. 1.
No, if Fed doesn't reach the semis and Rafa wins, Rafa is #1.

But I think even if Fed loses 1st round, his chances of staying #1 are pretty high :lol:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Man. Always with the illnesses. I wonder if the mono he had has permanently weakened his immune system. That is very much not fair. I feel really bad for him.

I hope Roger doesn't have the same thing. The AO has already taken a hit with so many withdrawals...losing the world #1 would be awful
This has nothing to do with mono. People shouldn't pay that much attention to it. Sometimes we all get stomach viruses. It's more likely in a foreign country. Simple as that. I had a mono less than year ago and it hasn't made me more likely to catch any flues and viruses. Mono doesn't have any permanent consequenses. Except that you can't have it again.

·
#freeviktor
93,847 Posts
Mario :awww: Hope he's feeling well again soon :awww:

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
This has nothing to do with mono. People shouldn't pay that much attention to it. Sometimes we all get stomach viruses. It's more likely in a foreign country. Simple as that. I had a mono less than year ago and it hasn't made me more likely to catch any flues and viruses. Mono doesn't have any permanent consequenses. Except that you can't have it again.
Sorry but I have to disagree with you on that. I had glandualr fever (or mono as US people call it), when I was at Uni. and after that I picked up every fever/flu/chill/virus going. The Doctors here told me it would happen for up to two years as the virus weakens the immune system, and it takes a while for it to build up to maximum strength again. Also, although you can't catch it twice, the mononucleosis can stay in your system for a while, and, certainly, for a year or so afterwards, I would get a really sore throat and swollen glands in my neck as soon as I got a little tired. So though I agree that anyone can pick up a stomach virus, I do think that the fact Mario is still in recovery from glandular fever, means he may take longer to fully recover from the virus than someone else would.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
OMG! You must be kidding me!!!

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Such bad luck for the guy, hopefully he will get better soon. :(

1 - 20 of 47 Posts