Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ancic withdrew a few days ago - I'm not sure if it's still the mono, I read somewhere he has a shoulder problem?

Murray withdrew in the last few hours "to continue rehab on his wrist" - read - he's still feeling pain from hitting forehands at full tilt. He's in danger of missing the two Masters events unless things fix themselves pretty quickly.

Hopefully but these two walking wounded can be back soon.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Re: Ancic out of Washington - now joined by Murray

Ah crap, I guess it vindicates Muzza's decision to miss Wimbledon if nothing else.

Hopefully he'll be back for the 2 Masters Series events :unsure:

·
Registered
8,267 Posts

Oh shame for Ancic :sad:

Oh god this sounds a bit worrying about Andy though :eek: I really hope he can get his wrist better, i'm starting to get, well i am a little concerned now about it :sad: I agree Tweedledodo, about the wimbledon thing, cos i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do but obviously it was for him.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts

I hope that forcing himself those last two days to try for Wimbledon did not push Andy's return back. Makes me wonder if he might be healthy by now if he had never picked up a racquet in June, but I guess the pressure of a home slam meant he had to try.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I hope he can at least make Cincy or New Haven (wc would be needed I think) and the US Open - it's his favourite slam. This season is turning into a nightmare - one injury after another since early March.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts

Scoobs- Any mention if Ancic would be back for Cinci?

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Scoobs- Any mention if Ancic would be back for Cinci?
Ancic has not yet withdrawn from Montreal or Cincy (neither has Murray) but they won't do until late next week I should imagine.

I haven't heard anything further about Ancic as to whether he's hoping to make Montreal.

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,842 Posts

Ancic has not yet withdrawn from Montreal or Cincy (neither has Murray) but they won't do until late next week I should imagine.

I haven't heard anything further about Ancic as to whether he's hoping to make Montreal.
Thanks. The gals I am heading to Cinci with are Ancic fans;) They don't want to be disappointed;)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks. The gals I am heading to Cinci with are Ancic fans;) They don't want to be disappointed;)
Fingers crossed then. Poor Mario - he has been very unlucky this last 18 months.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Truly sad news for both of them.

May they make a quick and complete recovery!

·
Registered
11,122 Posts

It does sound worrying for Murray. He could be fine in a few weeks time but there's also the possibility that he won't get the chance to return to his normal level this year. Malisse and Srichaphan have been out since early this year with wrist injuries with no signs of coming back which indicates how nasty those injuries can be.

·
2011 Here we go again!
10,542 Posts

Ancic and Murray out of Legg Mason? :eek:

That's bad. I wish them a fast and full recovery so that we can watch them again in action soon :)

They were both very unlucky this year with their problems and injuries.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

Bad news for both of them, hopefully they will be back soon.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

add Gonzo to that list :sad:

·
Banned
86 Posts

I'm starting to really worry about Murray. I want to see him back playing, with top fitness. I feel sorry for the guy, he is having such a tough time.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts

Is he injured seriously?
he has back problems, i hope he's ready for Montreal :scared:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts