Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I love to hear where their father and mother come from.
Me, my father is all German (I am the first boy to be born in US on my dad's side), my mother is from Basque country.
I am mixed Basque and German, (but I identify myself as an American, not as German or Basque)
Anyone else? Just interested...:shrug:

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
I am 4 evenly split ancestries. Italian(Sicily), French, Scottish and Canarian. I am most in touch with the Italian roots because that's the side of the family I was with most often growing up, cousins and aunts and uncles and such. They all strongly identified as Italian.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Eh tis a big one. Both of me mother and father are Serbs. But their stories beckons.

My mother ancestry is from Kosovo(Kosovo polje & Metohija) , my father's half Russian and half Serbian with direct old line of Crnotravci (reads Tzrnotravtzi).

Nothing special. Local stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Argentinian here, so it's a mess, as expected. From father's side: Spanish (Castillan), Swiss and Qom (native peoples, from the province of Formosa). From mother's: French, Irish and Syrian/Lebanese. Probably some Italian as well.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I'm Pakistani, first generation immigrant to the US. More specifically I'm Punjabi as I was born in Punjab as were my parents. I don't speak Punjabi though.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I'm such a huge mix of everything, I can't possibly split it up. Interesting when you go into my genealogy, which I am still working on. German, Dutch, French, English, Irish, Welsh, Swiss, Norwegian, American Indian, and that's what is most common. Who knows what else I will find, I've barely touched on my mom's mom's side of the family (Irish so far). I'm stuck mostly on very common names (Smith, Jones, Brown, Murphy, Taylor). It's amazing how many John Smiths there are out there in the same small town/county. Same with Patrick Murphy, from Ireland.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts