Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Going to pound Santoro over Mahut when odds are released.

Hopefully we get some good odds on the magician. He eats serve and vollyers for breakfast....he has already had 4 wins over serve/vollyers this grass court season - Moodie x 2, Karlovic and Zverev. Mahut is probably in a different class to them but reckon Fab can get the job done.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
the faves should all win it.. i think the phm case is pretty straightforward. it's just a matter of how much he wins by. but i do believe that seppi got many punters burnt yesterday, all of whom believed andreev was a banker. i'd also believed that this tournament was andreev's to lose. will seppi surprise again tonight for his 1st ever atp title?

ferrer is one of the best returners in the atp and almagro is just too inconsistent for my liking. imho, he only defeated moya yesterday 'cause moya was having a really torrid serving day.. was it 8 DFs? that's so uncharacteristic of moya! almagro's not exactly the hardest guy to break.. if the real ferrer shows up this match would be over in 2 sets.

the toss up would be between mahut and santoro, which i believe would be a 3 setter which could go either way. i should expect santoro to provide an answer to mahut's booming serves on grass. with a high chance of both players holding their games, it could be a really long battle with at least one tiebreak on show.

share your opinions, cheers.

B

·
0 Posts
As Jaap says Santoro feels very comfortable against S&V players.

PHM as such a short favourite is a huge turn off to get invoved, but the way he has been playing in the past 2 months it is simply hard to see him losing this one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well how about this one then:

Mathieu -4.5 games @1.97

Seppi gets broken rather easily, even Vasallo went break up in 1st set before he imploded. Koubek and Andreev couldn't eat their cookies, but Mathieu in his current form should be a different caliber. And if things really go the other way, there should be plenty a chance for hedging in live bets, if yesterday's score is anything to go by.

GL

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

Mathieu -4.5 games @1.97

Seppi gets broken rather easily, even Vasallo went break up in 1st set before he imploded. Koubek and Andreev couldn't eat their cookies, but Mathieu in his current form should be a different caliber. And if things really go the other way, there should be plenty a chance for hedging in live bets, if yesterday's score is anything to go by.

GL
I agree with this games handicap thingy. I got my hands on the exact same bet but at much crappier odds of 1.81. I have also put some money on the match to end <21.5 games. Good luck to PHM backers. If he doesn't choke I think we should all be able to smell some money :)

·
Registered
288 Posts

Mathieu -4.5 games @1.97

I hedged with 0.2 units on Seppi @6.50 when Mathieu was up 3-1. Seems I was right about Seppi, but I felt trouble ahead as Mathieu got only like 20% first serves in.

Well maybe now I loose them both, but I am still more comfortable with my approach to things than risking 5 units @1.20.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
phm please win all the remaining games.. now's not the time to choke

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Made a mistake in getting involved in the mugs match between Mathieu and Seppi so hope to regain on:

Ferrer @ 1.4

Santoro @ 2.76

1 - 20 of 55 Posts