Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was quite an interesting analysis I saw on another forum about Djokovic's game. It agrees with something I mentioned before - a perhaps unobvious resemblence Djokovic has to Seles.

i am sure many of us have noted an uncanny resemblance between Novaks' TORQUE -- and body turn -- and the angles he produces with paces from BOTH WINGS

with the great Monica Seles?.

comes from the SAME teacher folks.

Mrs Gencic, who novak had said a long time ago emphasized CLEAN playing and was very demanding....novak's game is like a compilation of little bits and pieces from here and there -- but they are each made to go through a MILL that polishes them to a high finish and which really ABHORS over-doing something.

the most beautiful aspect of his shotmaking, imo, is the way he turns his body..really nice to watch, it's like a well-oiled clock . and then look at how he SERVES...i am really quite impressed with THAT improvement since 2006...and even from when he won the Adelaide last year (didn't play to defend this year which turned out to probably be a good decision).

he serves now as if he is just THROWING the ball..like a good pitcher. and so his arm and hands and shoulders and body , with his leading leg planted and ready to turn in any direction and his following leg with a nice follow through to stabilize his motion as if it's his "tail" ...he can DIRECT the ball exactly to which LINE he wants with whatever pace or spin he wants..and it shows under the BIG CRUNCH time of tie breaks.

no wonder he has since said he ENJOYS tie breaks. !!!

and you can even see it from the way he WALKS. erect - the spine and the back of the neck - right up to the top of the head -- you can immediately see he has an inner "sense" of balance and sense of "gravity" and how it can work for him.

and I won';t be surprised if his old teacher pointed out "proper posture" EVEN OFF court or outside of playing. it's a HABIT of good posture

which always serves him well in his shotmaking and positions on court.

I';ve always been fascinated by this kid since i first heard and saw his playing in 2006.

Reactions: Alex999

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
here is my analysis of his game

its boring

hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wrote this 'analysis', didn't you?

IT'S GENIUS!

:worship::worship::worship:

Ordinary playerz don't know how to maximise ze advantage of gravity; instead they float in mid-air like spacemen-but not Novak.
I didn't write this. It was written by one SAMPRAS_fan on tennis.com's message board.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
My short analysis of Djokovic as a tennis player:

1) Advantages
- enormous self-confidence
- great agility
- mental strength
- capability to take the risk under pressure