Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
I was there as well, camping from Friday afternoon to be in the top 500 on Manic Monday. It was a lot of fun and worth it! :)

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
The greatest thing Wimby ever did was to convince people that queeing and staying in a tent like a hobo to get one of their stupid tickets is somehow admirable.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
it sounds godawful and I could never. But honestly well done on enduring that.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Interesting read, thanks for sharing it with us! Is it the same for a grounds pass for outside courts? Or are tickets for the outside courts easier to attain?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Ground passes are easier to get: Wimbledon do everything they can to discourage you from queuing overnight for those.

(And on the second Tuesday, Ladies' QF day, I just turned up around 12.30 and waltzed straight in)

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,611 Posts
Interesting read, thanks for sharing it with us! Is it the same for a grounds pass for outside courts? Or are tickets for the outside courts easier to attain?
definitely a lot easier, you will not be hurdled in a pen like sheep to the abbattoir, and really you can get those tickets before you rock up. You will see more drama and action, wait less, and pay less.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
For three years I was living in a tent for two consecutive weeks. It's manageable. Showers are available and you could charge up your phone at some nearby cafes or the store at the back of the park. Though I have to admit I have got some help from a friend living nearby.

·
10,272 Posts
I'm going to be the only to comment on the article I guess.

Thanks for the read bud. Good insight into the queue. Your material is well written, but why not actually talk about the Federer match? I feel you could have expanded on some of the people you got to meet as well. I see Mr. Lubjicic there.

You have the opportunity as a reporter or insider to tell and teach the tennis casuals about the realities of the game, coaches, etc.

Either way thanks for the read and I hope you can get some coverage of a place like Queens or somewhere else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to be the only to comment on the article I guess.

Thanks for the read bud. Good insight into the queue. Your material is well written, but why not actually talk about the Federer match? I feel you could have expanded on some of the people you got to meet as well. I see Mr. Lubjicic there.

You have the opportunity as a reporter or insider to tell and teach the tennis casuals about the realities of the game, coaches, etc.

Either way thanks for the read and I hope you can get some coverage of a place like Queens or somewhere else.
Cheers for the constructive criticism bud, much appreciated.
I was conscious about rambling on a bit and this was my guide to the queue really, but good points!

Thanks pal, me too!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I think grounds pass tickets are £25 or £30, so if you go in the first couple of rounds, it is a fantastic deal. They are very easy to get.
A glass of pimms is like £8.50, so that puts it in perspective a bit!
If you want to get into an outside court for the 11.30am start, I think you need to be in the queue at 6.30am or so.
We sat next to two people on the un-ticketed part of court 3 and they said they got in the queue at 5am and somehow got court one tickets that morning, lucky buggers!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Nice photos. But I can't imagine myself queuing for tickets. "Briggs, I am too old for this s**t!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts