Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this true?? :

Mansdorf at times displayed a temper. One time, after jumping over the net and pushing an opponent who he thought was cheating, he was suspended for a month

i found it on his wiki site

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Is this true?? :

Mansdorf at times displayed a temper. One time, after jumping over the net and pushing an opponent who he thought was cheating, he was suspended for a month

i found it on his wiki site
I don't remember that, but that would be a typical Israeli reaction :lol:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha i dont remember him really as a player cause i am to young but i know his name. but i never heard this story. this should have happened on a mm tournament :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I remember reading once that when he played Yannick Noah, he got so annoyed with Noah's family making noise and applauding his errors, that he went over to their box and stood there loudly cursing them out. I think Noah also accused him of aiming balls at him in between points. Noah refused to shake his hand after the match.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I remember reading once that when he played Yannick Noah, he got so annoyed with Noah's family making noise and applauding his errors, that he went over to their box and stood there loudly cursing them out. I think Noah also accused him of aiming balls at him in between points. Noah refused to shake his hand after the match.
True story. It happened at the US Open 89. I saw it on TV. Noah was pissed and at the net told Mansdorf,'You don't curse at my family.' Noah's sister was in the box that day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I remember him playing a Davis Cup against India around 1987. He lost a match to and old Vijay Armitraj. Man, did he go ballistic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts