Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Re: Amersfoort Entry List (updated June 4, 2008)

Much better? Ever since the event moved from Amsterdam to Amersfoort, the tournament took a blow and the field has been quite poor. Of course the list is worse this year, but it's only logical considering it has to compete with Umag and Kitzbühel, both of which are loved by players. And Indianapolis, although the type of players that go there are not very likely to come to Amersfoort in the first place.

Well i looked at the cut from the last couple of years and you're right:

2004: 122
2005: 124
2006: 111
2007: 99
2008: 141

It wasn't much better but this year is a joke. Highest ranked player in the current entry list is Gicquel at 48. In the other years they at least got some decent top 50 players with the Chileans (Massu and Gonzo) coming here every year and also the likes of Djokovic, Coria, Puerta, Mathieu and Moya playing in Amersfoort.

Lot of dirtballers between 85 and 130 now and with Haase now out as well not really a good chance that a Dutchie will go far in this tournament.

I'd like to see Suso, Cuevas, Gabash and Doud play sometime but 22,50 to 52,50 is just absurd.

Re: Amersfoort Entry List (updated June 4, 2008)

I'd like to see Suso, Cuevas, Gabash and Doud play sometime but 22,50 to 52,50 is just absurd.
I wanted to come over to Amersfoort, but with this prices + my train ticket, this day will cost me 100 euro. I don't know yet I will come to Amersfoort :sad:

Re: Amersfoort Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 11, 2008)

Haase must be pretty seriously injured to skip this tournament, there have been signs for a few months that he is not 100% and he performed poorly in Scheveningen challenger this week.
Yeah he already said at RG he wasn't 100 percent! And he wanted to make a scan afterwards. After RG i saw him play live at the Ordina Open. Also there his movement didn't look that good. Against Hewitt it didn't see that he had problems with any sort of injury.
But after he fell behind 4-1 in the third against Middelkoop overnight he made comments that: "Wat is er precies aan de hand: 'Een paar weken geleden hebben we besloten dat ik door ga spelen met een scheurtje in mijn meniscus en mijn kuitbeen dat steeds verschuift. Zo lang ik spierversterkende oefeningen blijf doen, gaat dat ook goed. Het apparaat dat ik nodig heb daarvoor had ik echter afgelopen week niet tot mijn beschikking en dat voel ik dan direct. De blessurebehandeling in de derde set was voor kramp, die kreeg ik door dat tape dat zo strak rond mijn been zat. Ik heb geen pijn, al voelt dit niet lekker, en ik kan niets kapot maken in mijn knie. Volgens de artsen moet het straks op hard court beter gaan, dus ik moet deze twee weken nog even overleven."

Translation: A couple of weeks ago he decided that he wanted to play through an injury. A little crack in his meniscus and splint-bone that is constantly moving. The apparat that he needed to do his exercises to counteract the injuries wasn't there last week. He had cramps in the third set because his knee was too tightly taped. It didn't feel good he noted but he wasn't in pain. According to the doctors injury should be better on hardcourts and he should be able to survive the next two weeks on clay.

Later on he withdrew from the doubles in Scheveningen and now also for the Dutch Open. So apearently it is more bad then he first thought he was. Get well soon Robin!

Translation: A couple of weeks ago he decided that he wanted to play through an injury. A little crack in his meniscus and splint-bone that is constantly moving. The apparat that he needed to do his exercises to counteract the injuries wasn't there last week. He had cramps in the third set because his knee was too tightly taped. It didn't feel good he noted but he wasn't in pain. According to the doctors injury should be better on hardcourts and he should be able to survive the next two weeks on clay.

Later on he withdrew from the doubles in Scheveningen and now also for the Dutch Open. So apearently it is more bad then he first thought he was. Get well soon Robin!
The latest news item on Dutch teletext sounds pretty serious:

"Ik kan niet meer lopen, mijn knie zit op slot."

"I can't walk anymore, my knee is locked."

It says he needs a meniscus operation and will be out for 6 weeks. In the back of my mind I think it could be even more serious and impact his career.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
(Both SE spots cleared)
OUT: Almagro, Haase (and M.Gonzalez, Hernych, Ramirez Hidalgo, Capdeville, A.Beck, Bohli, Devilder, Andujar, L.Mayer, Phau, Kim, Koellerer, Wessels from ALT)
IN: Martin, Eschauer, Cruciat, Schukin
NEXT: Junqueira, Sirianni, Ulihrach, Hartfield, Meffert, Munoz de la Nava

Re: Amersfoort Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated July 10, 2008)

Darcis was just demolished by totally out of form Nieminen in Sweden, not a great sign taht this mug will defend his title.....
He played Bundesliga the weekend before and is probably focussing on this important tournament for him. Looking at the opposition, he could easily win again this year.

I am so disappointed in the field right now. I already bought my tickets some time ago,because they had a decent field last year and the year before that. and i can travel for free during that time. but now i am actually reconsidering going to the semis in scheveningen and not go to the qualies in amersfoort (although i already have the tickets)

He played Bundesliga the weekend before and is probably focussing on this important tournament for him. Looking at the opposition, he could easily win again this year.
Bundesliga is hardly an excuse :tape:

And I doubt he'll win easily.

Bundesliga is hardly an excuse :tape:

And I doubt he'll win easily.
He probably won't win, but is that needed ?

If he can win his second round in an ATP tourney, he wins the title :p.

I think Darcis will not win this time, but you never know. I expect something from Christophe Rochus here, he's in good form ( okay he lost from De Bakker this week, but for the rest :welldone: ). I hope he can get to the QF here :)

He probably won't win, but is that needed ?

If he can win his second round in an ATP tourney, he wins the title :p.

I think Darcis will not win this time, but you never know. I expect something from Christophe Rochus here, he's in good form ( okay he lost from De Bakker this week, but for the rest :welldone: ). I hope he can get to the QF here :)
I think it's anybody's tournament. Darcis has a good shot, but I agree that Christophe could also get far. But heck, the same can be said for Gicquel, De Bakker, Martín, Serra, Ventura, Hernandez, Navarro, Granollers, Montañes, Cuevas, Acasuso if you ask me. And the others too, if they are in good shape. The only ones I'd completely count out for victory are the qualifiers, Cruciat, Gabashvili, Huta Galung, Eschauer and Roger-Vasselin.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.