• Noone

Votes: 6 16.7%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
We all know America is hungry for tournaments and for another big idol.

The last american king was A-Rod in 2003, when he won a the USO and he reached No1.

America was, easily, the country with the best players during 1970-2000.
30 years of victories and names like Connors, McEnroe, Courier, Sampras, Agassi...
But... American tennis is in a pretty bad moment right now.
Only 1 player in the top 10, and he never won a M1000 event.

So... Could anyone of this "Young talents" bring the USA to the big fight again?

Who do you think has better chances? Harrison? Sock? Other one? No chances in the near future?

Discuss ma frenz

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Hello.
We all know America is hungry for tournaments and for another big idol.

The last american king was A-Rod in 2003, when he won a the USO and he reached No1.

America was, easily, the country with the best players during 1970-2000.
30 years of victories and names like Connors, McEnroe, Courier, Sampras, Agassi...
But... American tennis is in a pretty bad moment right now.
Only 1 player in the top 10, and he never won a M1000 event.

So... Could anyone of this "Young talents" bring the USA to the big fight again?

Who do you think has better chances? Harrison? Sock? Other one? No chances in the near future?

Discuss ma frenz
Um, hopefully neither. They're both going to suck. The DON is the future.

·
Registered
612 Posts
None of them looks remotely to be even close to the calibre of a player like Roddick..let alone Agassi, Sampras, Courier etc
But who knows, given the severe lack of talent in the young generation we have today, they may pick up a few slams down the road..

·
Premium Member
21,583 Posts
USA is bound to come back, with all that history. Probably it's going to be someone else though, the present generation doesn't look very promising.

·
A happy person
44,905 Posts
I voted for Harrison. They are at same age and he showed more, Jack is also talented so much, though.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
of course Ryan Harrison

but If Donald Young finish Top 30 this year..... He has a better chance, well 3 years diff. not that bigger

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Jack Sock looks alot more explosive, and he has numerous weapons Ryan and Roddick before him do not have. Isn't afraid to come to the net and volley either. If Jack Socks' able to tap into these weapons, he'll certainly be the top American someday, but that all depends on how hard Jack Sock works. Jack Sock is only playing I think his 2nd challenger since USO this week so he's taking it quite slowly.

Harrison's obviously quite further ahead, especially in terms of rankings, and main tour matches, but I think Jack Sock will eventually catch up and surpass him. I do hope so too, just so I can keep saying Jack Sock.. man that name is awesome. Jack Sock.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
ryan sock is the most annoying little prat i'v ever seen on a court. hopefully he stays out of the top 100.
Who is this Ryan Sock?

Harrison has more potential in my opinion, but I doubt either will be a top 5 player.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Harrison obviously at the moment has a better future from what we can speculate upon; hardly have seen SOCK and he has had SO few big matches it is impossible to say

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Jack is still growing into his game and into his body and lacks experience at the professional level, so what he is now and what he'll be down the line are potentially two very different things. He's someone that could become really good, really quickly, with more development.

Harrison has been around a while now, so I think we can all get a read on what type of player he is. Personally, based on the many times I've seen Ryan play, I think he can be a consistent top 20 player. The best part of his game is his determination, fighting ability and his guts, but that alone only gets you so far. He's not as consistent as a Ferrer and he doesn't have the firepower with his serve like Roddick, nor the forehand that Roddick had when he was younger. He does a lot of things well but outside of his second serve (which is a really great weapon when it's on), nothing he does is at a high enough level where he's going to win majors unless he develops a lot these next few years, which very well can happen.

Harrison is the type of player I expect will improve throughout his career and learn to play to his stengths more clearly, and become more disciplined and mature overall. So like Sock, it's hard to definitively say what he'll be down the line, but right now, I think between 10-20 is where he'll peak.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It'll be interesting to see Sock vs Blake real soon. I can get a better read on him

As for the question why is DY not mentioned Since when did 22 become old

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Young is finally playing well. I wonder what the top he can reach is if he actually can get to his full potential.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If these 2 mugs are the future of American tennis our future is without a top 30 player. I don't know what people see in either of these clowns- would talk about their deficiencies but I would be here all night.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
If these 2 mugs are the future of American tennis our future is without a top 30 player. I don't what people see in either of these clowns- would talk about their deficiencies but I would be here all night.
Well, I have been watch for both of them a while, that I can't disagree with you

both suck, no near to Andy Roddick's level at age 19

·
Registered
114 Posts
Jack Sock looks alot more explosive, and he has numerous weapons Ryan and Roddick before him do not have. Isn't afraid to come to the net and volley either. If Jack Socks' able to tap into these weapons, he'll certainly be the top American someday, but that all depends on how hard Jack Sock works. Jack Sock is only playing I think his 2nd challenger since USO this week so he's taking it quite slowly.

Harrison's obviously quite further ahead, especially in terms of rankings, and main tour matches, but I think Jack Sock will eventually catch up and surpass him. I do hope so too, just so I can keep saying Jack Sock.. man that name is awesome. Jack Sock.

Jacks Shit is not going to be a top 10 player ever. LOL at people hyping this kid.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
If the future means a "top 50 player", then both of these clowns have a potential to be the "future" - if not, US fans better arm themselves with patience because as of right now, the future looks bleak.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts