Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The British media are so sexist, I read some press after Andy Murray breakthrough win against Nadal in Madrid and all I read is about Jonas Bjorkman. Is Greg Rudesski serious? Bjorkman has only worked with Murray for ONE WEEK! How the hell is this man getting these props? It is so unfair to Amelie Mauresmo who was in Madrid by the way when Murray defeated Nadal. Amelie is the main REASON Murray is doing so well but will the media stop being so sexist and let Amelie get the props? Murray turn around is due to the game plan of Ms. Mauresmo. Amelie Mauresmo is the reason Murray is doing SO WELL this year damn it! It is due to Amelie why Andy Murray is doing so well. I am also disappointed in Andy not personally thanking Amelie for his breakthrough in Spain. If it wasn't for Amelie I doubt Murray would of won Madrid.

Registered
This is very unfair, because I noticed Amelie watching very attentively matches of possible future opponents for Andy, taking notes.

It is clear to me that Andy played his matches with the right strategy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who fucking cares.
People should care the media are acting like Amelie Mauresmo does not exist! All I read in the media are about Andy breakthrough with Nadal YET no acknowledgement of Amelie strategy for Andy to win! Look at the tape, has anyone seen Andy Murray be so on the attack like he did to Nadal in the final? Andy was using the strategy of Amelie to attack Nadal second sere. I just feel the press are being a bit SEXIST! Andy Murray turn around this year is due to AMELIE MAURESMO NOT JONAS BJORKMAN! The sexist jerk Simon Briggs at the Telegraph in London hates Amelie the man praises Bjorkman despite the point he only worked with Murray for ONE WEEK! It is SEXIST when a woman Amelie Mauresmo has worked with Andy Murray for almost ONE YEAR yet there is hardly any praise of her influence on Murray! I am also REALLY DISAPPOINTED in Andy NOT praising Amelie in the trophy presentation.

Registered
Who fucking cares.
That's exactly the problem. They care when Andy loses and blame it on the coach being a woman, and when he wins, they don't give a damn about it.
It's like chauvinistic medias in GB, when Murray wins, he is British, when he loses he's just Scottish again!

Registered
Amelie, good job :yeah:

Registered

Registered
I'm sorry to put it this way, but the media is doing their shit to sell their shit. I don't even watch the news any more, 99% is about something negative, terrorists, another murder, another suicide, politicians BSing about nothing ...

All I can say, and I know that many guys here will disagree with me, is that Murray (for whatever reason) has a 'good relationship' with Amelie. I remember here when Novak hired Boris ... Almost everyone was against it calling Becker this and that ... Well, look where Djokovic is now and who knows where Murray might get with Amelie ...

By the way, I do think that her technique was great when she was on the tour. The thing with her and many other female players is that they tend to get too emotional. That is why I don't really don't follow the WTA any more. Results like, 6:0 0:6 6:1 are very usual.

Navratilova, Evert, Seles and Graf had 'huge balls'. I loved their rivalries. Nowadays, Serena can do whatever she wants to. She is what 33yo, and nobody can challenge her.

Mods, sorry, I know we are not suppose to talk about the WTA. I just tried to draw some parallel.

I do believe that ladies can be very good trainers. Women can be also great in any profession. All it takes is to have a 'good eye', to be able to notice the smallest details. To apply different tactics against different opponents.

So, when people blame Amelie for all of Murray's 'problems' I have a problem with that. No matter how much I respect and like Murray he'll never be Fed, Djokovic or Nadal. And why should he? If all you care, being a tennis fan of anybody, is winning then you should 'avoid tennis'. Some team sports might work better for you.
:)

Registered
Influence of coaches on Murray's game has been always wrongly rated. Lendl influence was tad overrated and now Mauresmo influence is bit underated. Bjorkman has yet to work with him for significant interval. These guys are nuts suggesting he's influencing game with partnership of one week or so.

Registered
It's not just in the press, but on here, and other tennis forums I've visited. So many people attributing everything good about how Andy played over the last two weeks to Jonas, or because he was wearing his wedding ring on his laces. If you didn't know better, you'd assume Jonas was the only one at the pre-Munich training block (when he was there less time than Amelie) and in Munich and Madrid. If Murray had only won in Munich, they'd be wrong to attribute the success to Jonas alone, but at least there would be an excuse. Murray winning in Madrid without Jonas, but with Amelie front and centre in his players' box, she should get more credit.

All of those who pretended their concerns about Amelie had nothing to do with being a woman revealed themselves when they shared no similar concerns for Jonas, despite his lesser career.

The Master
The British media are so sexist, I read some press after Andy Murray breakthrough win against Nadal in Madrid and all I read is about Jonas Bjorkman. Is Greg Rudesski serious? Bjorkman has only worked with Murray for ONE WEEK! How the hell is this man getting these props? It is so unfair to Amelie Mauresmo who was in Madrid by the way when Murray defeated Nadal. Amelie is the main REASON Murray is doing so well but will the media stop being so sexist and let Amelie get the props? Murray turn around is due to the game plan of Ms. Mauresmo. Amelie Mauresmo is the reason Murray is doing SO WELL this year damn it! It is due to Amelie why Andy Murray is doing so well. I am also disappointed in Andy not personally thanking Amelie for his breakthrough in Spain. If it wasn't for Amelie I doubt Murray would of won Madrid.
People should care the media are acting like Amelie Mauresmo does not exist! All I read in the media are about Andy breakthrough with Nadal YET no acknowledgement of Amelie strategy for Andy to win! Look at the tape, has anyone seen Andy Murray be so on the attack like he did to Nadal in the final? Andy was using the strategy of Amelie to attack Nadal second serve. I just feel the press are being a bit SEXIST! Andy Murray turn around this year is due to AMELIE MAURESMO NOT JONAS BJORKMAN! The sexist jerk Simon Briggs at the Telegraph in London hates Amelie the man praises Bjorkman despite the point he only worked with Murray for ONE WEEK! It is SEXIST when a woman Amelie Mauresmo has worked with Andy Murray for almost ONE YEAR yet there is hardly any praise of her influence on Murray! I am also REALLY DISAPPOINTED in Andy NOT praising Amelie in the trophy presentation.
So just to clarify, who helped Andy win Madrid?
You're rather unclear on that point.

Registered
Wait why is everything sexist? It's just the logic of the situation, Mauresmo has been with him for a year the only thing that has changed is Bjorkman and he's won two clay court titles. I don't know who it's down to but even if Amelie was a man it would be the same...

Registered
It's not just in the press, but on here, and other tennis forums I've visited. So many people attributing everything good about how Andy played over the last two weeks to Jonas, or because he was wearing his wedding ring on his laces. If you didn't know better, you'd assume Jonas was the only one at the pre-Munich training block (when he was there less time than Amelie) and in Munich and Madrid. If Murray had only won in Munich, they'd be wrong to attribute the success to Jonas alone, but at least there would be an excuse. Murray winning in Madrid without Jonas, but with Amelie front and centre in his players' box, she should get more credit.

All of those who pretended their concerns about Amelie had nothing to do with being a woman revealed themselves when they shared no similar concerns for Jonas, despite his lesser career.
I don't like to double post but would like to pick up on that. I think the main point people were making is that Amelie did;t have experience of the mens game not that she wasn't successful...

Registered
That's exactly the problem. They care when Andy loses and blame it on the coach being a woman, and when he wins, they don't give a damn about it.
It's like chauvinistic medias in GB, when Murray wins, he is British, when he loses he's just Scottish again!
You deserve Ace Poundings for such a beautiful post.

Registered
Wait why is everything sexist? It's just the logic of the situation, Mauresmo has been with him for a year the only thing that has changed is Bjorkman and he's won two clay court titles. I don't know who it's down to but even if Amelie was a man it would be the same...
Then you haven't been watching closely enough. Murray has made tweaks in his game with Amelie, not Jonas, and the dividends are starting to pay off.

He is more aggressive, he's stepping into the court and he's dictating the rallies. He started doing this in Australia, not in Madrid. The main reason he gets defeated vs Djokovic this year are mental and physical collapses in the latter stages of matches. Game wise, there is not much separating them.

Registered
Fucking disgusting but NID at the same time

Registered
Agree 100%!!
As for Murray - these guys are emotional after wins and losses! I bet they forget a lot of things in their speeches as they are in the moment with adrenalin, etc. Murray has said many times he is thankful to Amelie, it is more than enough I think.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts