Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The question is .. who can stop his magic?
It´s nice so see him playing so well :)

He´s goal is to be #8 or better at the end of the year. I think he´ll be much better.......
The way he played today...!! Robredo made a great match, with many winners.... but Coria won 6-2 6-2 6-1.... wow :)

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
:D :D
yeah well i'll be surprised if he doesnt make it to the masters cup...until then, keep it up Guillermo! :D :D :kiss:

·
Chiudi-fan
75,888 Posts
Laury said:
Well, I think he can play TODAY on broken glass, on a bed of water... on burning woods....
Any surface you can imagine ;)

I don't think so. His magic is the best on clay, if he starts to play on hardcourt he will be easier to defeat, he's not strong enough.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
He hasnt had fantastic results on any surface other than clay. His serve is too weak to make an impact on any fast surface, and i'd expect him to not do as well on hardcourt. However it seems he is just unstoppable on clay.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He is young!!!!!!!!!
He is growing, he is still learning.
Didn´t he had a great hard court season yet? Well, perhaps 2003 is the time. You´re talking like he can´t do it.... just wait until end of the year ;)

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Laury said:

The question is .. who can stop his magic?
It´s nice so see him playing so well :)
Who can stop his magic on clay? Someone like Ferrero or Gonzalez, who can overpower the Argentine. Even Moya if he wakes up and starts playing well again.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Leo said:
Who can stop his magic on clay? Someone like Ferrero or Gonzalez, who can overpower the Argentine. Even Moya if he wakes up and starts playing well again.
Gonzo is as likely to beat the pants off you as he is to make 600 UFE. He's too inconsistent, though I hope he works on that..

Moya was playing half decent when Coria beat him this year, was he not?

Coria has obviously problems with Ferrero, mind you.... not so unsimilar to his (old) problems with Andre.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
But Moya beat Coria once this year, in a clay court final.

Gonzalez can beat anybody on a good day. He almost stopped Ferrero's Roland Garros run in the quarterfinals, despite hitting numerous ufes. He doesn't give opponents that much rhythm. Plus, I think if Verkerk can overpower Coria on clay, then many other players can do it as well.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Coria is young and talented. here's hoping he challenges himself to learn to play on all surfaces -- AFTER he wins Roland Garros. each challenge in its own time. what's the rush? ;)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Leo, this was not the same Coria, he was afraid, he respected him too much. That was Buenos Aires final.
Earlier he also lost very bad to Agassi. Ask Agassi now what happened to him in Roland Garros.

Coria admires Moyá too much, remember he asked him the T-shirt after Buenos Aires final, and he asked him again when he defeated Carlos later in europe.
Carlos, of course, had give the t-shirts to Guille.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Massu will probably be the most in-form and most powerful opponent Coria has faced in the past two weeks on the dirt. I still expect Guillermo to win, but it won't be as easy.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts